Barefoot running all over small town Minnesota and embarrassing my mother-in-law

trevize1138

Barefooters
Jun 20, 2017
Minnesota
Hello, everyone!

I'm Chris, a 44yo guy who always loved running and got into minimalist running 5 years ago. At the time I thought running and injury went hand-in-hand but heard minimalist running might change that. I was getting injured anyway so what did I have to lose?

I'm happy to report that I've gone 5 years injury free and starting last summer went totally barefoot. This year my big accomplishment was finally figuring out how to run "elastically." It finally clicked for me when I heard the phrase "run like you're barefoot on hot coals." It just worked for me and it's like the long miles have suddenly unlocked. I did 9 miles barefoot around my small town yesterday and only stopped because I was overdue on returning to work from my lunch break.

I also got both my 5yo boy and 9yo daughter Xero sandals and encourage them to go barefoot as much as my wife will let me. She's even starting to come around and starting to defy her podiatrist by going barefoot sometimes in the house or our back yard. He once told her she should *never* go barefoot after diagnosing her with PF.

I've also started a running club in my town and already convinced a friend of mine to try barefoot through that. Wasn't much of a stretch as he goes barefoot all summer on his organic farm outside of town but still happy to have a barefoot running buddy in a town where "outdoors" usually just means hunting and fishing.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome again! Nine miles during lunch sounds like a fabulous lunch break.