Barefoot Runners Society mentioned in this major Runners World article "Is Less More" on barefoot an

Barefoot Larry

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Ocean, NC
I'm sorry for posting this

I'm sorry for posting this article. It barely even mentions barefoot running. I posted before I read, but mostly an article about the dreaded shoes.

In the print version there is

In the print version there is a pic of RWOL BF (Maybe BRS, too?)'s Patrick Sweeney (Bourbonfeet). It's bigger than the VFF "celeb" pics placed next to it.

I read the article in its

I read the article in its entirety this morning and actually like what the author had to say for the most part. It's from Runner's World so of course it had to do with shoes.

I do think that in a few years IF minimal shoes make a comeback and people incorporate barefoot running, injury rates will go down. Maybe not drastically but I do think they will go down.

Barefoot Larry wrote:I'm

Barefoot Larry said:
I'm sorry for posting this article. It barely even mentions barefoot running. I posted before I read, but mostly an article about the dreaded shoes.

Haha that's funny. At least it mentions us! Although it is funny for the barefoot runners society to be mentioned in an article about shoes.

I saw this in my Google

I saw this in my Google Alerts this morning too, Larry. Thanks for posting this. It would have been nice if they had included our link, and checked the latest membership numbers (1,350).

J., does the printed version mention the BRS? Can you scan this and post it back here:

In the print version there is a pic of RWOL BF (Maybe BRS, too?)'s Patrick Sweeney (Bourbonfeet). It's bigger than the VFF "celeb" pics placed next to it.

One thing mentioned in the

One thing mentioned in the article that I believe is true: Orthopedic doctors aren't an endangered species quite yet. People will still go out and run too, much too soon and not listen to the feet.

I agree, JT.  Just because we

I agree, JT. Just because we run barefoot doesn't mean we are immune from injury. We would hope that running barefoot would give the runner an extra sense about how to run more safely, but as long as we ignore the cues and continue to run the way we have since we were first put in shoes, there will be injured runners. To be a good barefoot runner, you have to be a smart barefoot runner.

JosephTree wrote: Orthopedic

JosephTree said:
Orthopedic doctors aren't an endangered species quite yet.

Besides, orthopods have plenty of other joints to keep themselves busy with.

Maybe instead of runners for patients they will continue to be flooded with extreme sports enthusiasts.

Jesse sure took the gentler way to go when he transitioned from motocross to barefoot & minimalist running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts