Barefoot runners in makeshift shoes win medals in Iloilo sports meet

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Reactions: Janne
I wouldn't have thought blisters would be a problem if you are running correctly. I have only had blisters running barefoot when I have run on ground that was too hot. I think the ground temp must have been over 40C. I have had plenty of blisters in shoes though.
The most memorable one when I ran in a cross country with spikes and I decided to rub some vaseline between my toes, biggggggg mistake. The spikes clung to the terrain like a gekko to a wall but my feet were sliding around inside the shoes and rubbed up a blister about 4cm across on one foot.
The race was only 6 miles but it was part of a series where I had to run 52 miles in the week the very next day was a 9 mile flat race. I popped the blister (mistake No. 2) and taped it up, it was so sore by half way that I was running on the side of my foot. I did manage to do the full course but not a pleasure.

Neil

I wouldn't have thought blisters would be a problem if you are running correctly. I have only had blisters running barefoot when I have run on ground that was too hot. I think the ground temp must have been over 40C. I have had plenty of blisters in shoes though.
The most memorable one when I ran in a cross country with spikes and I decided to rub some vaseline between my toes, biggggggg mistake. The spikes clung to the terrain like a gekko to a wall but my feet were sliding around inside the shoes and rubbed up a blister about 4cm across on one foot.
The race was only 6 miles but it was part of a series where I had to run 52 miles in the week the very next day was a 9 mile flat race. I popped the blister (mistake No. 2) and taped it up, it was so sore by half way that I was running on the side of my foot. I did manage to do the full course but not a pleasure.

Neil
:wideeyed: