Barefoot meetup run – Lincoln Memorial, Tuesday Oct. 19, 8:00 AM

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by JayStanley, Oct 12, 2010.

1. JayStanley

JayStanley Chapter Presidents
    1. District of...
    2. Virginia
    3. Presidents

Dear DC-area barefoot runners --

Let's finally get started with some barefoot meetups & runs! I've been crazy and apologize for delays but when I polled you a few weeks ago weekday mornings at 8:00 seemed to work well for many people so I have gone with that. Let's meet by the Lincoln memorial -- at the edge of the reflecting pool to be exact.

Come join our first meetup and barefoot run!

Where: Edge of reflecting pool in front of Lincoln memorial, Washington DC

When:Tuesday Oct. 19, 8:00 AM

What: A meetup and 3-5 mile run (or however long you want to run)

If this location is preventing you from attending, please drop me a line. Eventually we need to figure out a time/place that works for those who plan to participate actively.

- Jay

2. JessieCupcake

JessieCupcake Barefooters
    1. District of...

I'm totally there... is there any chance we could meet at little earlier? I'm supposed to be at work at 9ish. If not, I will be there at 8.

3. miguelmejia

miguelmejia Guest

I would also be up for a nice trot in the morning before work and 8 should work just fine! See you then!

4. jldDC

jldDC Barefooters
    1. District of...

Not sure about the majority, but I think 7am may have more participants and be a better time without all the hustle and bustle around the city. Most people have to work at 9am.

Hope it ends up being earlier, and I'll be there. Thanks for planning everything.

5. Dustin

Dustin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. New York
    3. District of...

Iplan on being there, and I'm still devising the best way to get there (as there is no close Metro station). I'm game for earlier (7:30?) if that works better for everyone. See you Tuesday.

6. Dustin

Dustin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. New York
    3. District of...

Closest Metro station is probably Foggy Bottom, with a 3/4 mile walk south to the Lincoln Memorial (or you could take the H1 south a half mile to the State Department (essentially 23rd and C street).

7. JessieCupcake

JessieCupcake Barefooters
    1. District of...

Actually won't be able to make it because I have to be at work at 7:30 tomorrow but I'm dying to get out for a barefoot run! Hopefully we can plan another one soon.

Jessie