Barefoot Marathon !

rik

Barefooters
Apr 11, 2011
Utah
BF society!

I did it again! Now that I have completed my second marathon. The first was in Nevada the Revel Mt Charleston in 2016 and now St George Utah. I dont have to correct people when I hear them say hay this guy runs marathons barefoot. I have now completed my second one I have made it plural. I run barefoot marathons.

I just wanted to post a quick note, I was doing some advertising for BF running in Utah at the recent St George Utah Marathon. I did not see another bf runner. I will give a full report soon. I did get interviewed by a local college student and I also made the local St George paper. They did not talk about bf running unfortunately in the article. They just posted my celebration photo at the finish. Yes I ran the whole thing from start to finish. tough road and condition were painful.

Why do you run bare foot Mr?

1. To show my daughters and the rest of the world you can do hard things
2. God is smarter than Nike, He / She has a little more bio mechanical advantages and knowledge about the human body including the foot and what it can do.
3. Dont "Just do it" Go bare foot first and often.

-rik

BF society!

Any other BF marathoners out there I would love to hear your experience !
Thanks to this barefoot society for all the help and encouragement ! Barefoot Ken Bob, Michael S of runbare, barefoot Ted, Christopher Mcgougal, bf Bandito and Barefoot Rick, and my buddy Rick Whitelaw love you all thanks for the support!

I did it again! Now that I have completed my second marathon. The first was in Nevada the Revel Mt Charleston in 2016 and now St George Utah. I dont have to correct people when I hear them say hay this guy runs marathons barefoot. I have now completed my second one I have made it plural. I run barefoot marathons.

I just wanted to post a quick note, I was doing some advertising for BF running in Utah at the recent St George Utah Marathon. I did not see another bf runner. I will give a full report soon. I did get interviewed by a local college student and I also made the local St George paper. They did not talk about bf running unfortunately in the article. They just posted my celebration photo at the finish. Yes I ran the whole thing from start to finish. tough road and condition were painful.

Why do you run bare foot Mr?

1. To show my daughters and the rest of the world you can do hard things
2. God is smarter than Nike, He / She has a little more bio mechanical advantages and knowledge about the human body including the foot and what it can do.
3. Dont "Just do it" Go bare foot first and often.

-rik

Congrats! That is a long ways to go barefoot especially if the surfaces are tough! I've only attempted nice road marathons (though I wouldnt mind the all grass or pine needle covered dirt trail marathon but haven't found any yet!). #3 is weekend after next for me, hopefully this one won't kick my butt like the others did.

Reactions: rik
Congrats! That is a long ways to go barefoot especially if the surfaces are tough! I've only attempted nice road marathons (though I wouldnt mind the all grass or pine needle covered dirt trail marathon but haven't found any yet!). #3 is weekend after next for me, hopefully this one won't kick my butt like the others did.
Good luck bf brother I would love to hear all about it and the best compliments you have received

Reactions: Tristan