Barefoot Is Illegal and Unsanitary

Very true - after my father died, I went over to my brothers house...he was sitting on the couch and his two golden retrievers were sitting to the left and right of him.

As for cats, the roommate has a couple and they've grown on me (despite playing hell on my allergies). When they were little, they had this cute little meowy voice as if they were saying "Don't forget to feed kitty!". It was cute. Now, they're older, their voices are deeper and it sounds more like "Wake up, you a$$hole. Time to feed kitty." It's just not as cute anymore (especially when they do it at 5am).
We have an autofeeder that feeds them at 5am so we don't have too. Also, the one cat gorges herself till she vomits so we have to control how much is given to them. The autofeeder feeds them 3 times a day and very small portions. Pretty sweet feeder really, but kinda big.

We have an autofeeder that feeds them at 5am so we don't have too. Also, the one cat gorges herself till she vomits so we have to control how much is given to them. The autofeeder feeds them 3 times a day and very small portions. Pretty sweet feeder really, but kinda big.

Interesting - I'll pitch that thought to the 'mate. So here's a feeding the cat story to wake you up: A few weeks ago, I guess the cats got the roommate up to feed them; he poured the food and cracked open the slider so the cats could go in and out as they wished. I emerged from my room at about 5:30, walked in to the kitchen to find a raccoon eating the cat food. I was able to get him out the door, but barely - he didn't really run away, but sort of tooled out the door (I guess me yelling "Oi! F--- off out of here, then!" was not too threatening to him).

Stupid raccoons..

Reactions: NickW
See my cat used to be of royal rank. Then I got married and she got demoted to second wife. Then I had a kid and....oh yeah. Better, um...feed the damn cat. She has had to lower her standards. The looks she gives me sometimes convey more than Sartres, Camus, and your local adolescent teenage male gamer swallowed and hacked out like a hairball. Dogs could never reach such lows.

Raccoons are ballsy creatures, they don't back down! We were camping in Santa Barbara one summer and I remember seeing a horde of eyes as they sauntered up in the twilight to look for scraps. No amount of shooing made any difference at all, they just gave you an annoyed look and carried on. We had a couple of neighborhood raccoons that were huge, they actually gave me the heebie-jeebies.

That said, seeing the fright my neighbor got when a full-size possum came hurtling out of his kitchen cabinet in the morning was priceless. Though I don't know who was more scared, him or the possum :).

dog for me I think, something medium sized, collie or old english sheepdog.

Name, either Dog, or Boris.

Got to get a home-based job first and then get it past the wife. Not sure which of those is more tricky

Willie has two cats...and one dog! Ptttth! So there!

Dogs are so high maintenance. Cats take care of themselves.

My cat brought in one of those katydids once, and I know what you mean! The noise! The noise! The noise! We had to try catching it, and it flew at us. Gave me the creeps. I love all animals, even insects, bugs, and spiders, and I am always carrying them out of the house instead of killing them, but when they fly at you, forget it!
I have 2 cats as well. Let me clarify this, my kids have 2 cats I have a dog. All three were adopted from the humane society. I just do not like the attitude of cats.

Reactions: NickW
Matey, did you ever see that commercial where the lady goes out to her back patio at night dressed in her PJs and calls for her cat to come in for the night? The next scene is this raccoon traipsing past her into the house through the open door and her saying, "Oh there you are snuggles [or whatever]." It's a hoot!

I guess my cats knew I was on this thread yesterday because one of them left me a mole at the threshold of the cat door this morning. Couldn't find any puncture wounds or anything! I think they must have scared it to death.

Tom, that's a cute website, I guess, but I'm pretty sure that 3 of my 4 cats are murderers. Well, one cat is half mine and half his own. He's a feral cat who has managed to get over his fear of humans just enough to sleep in my living room at night when it's really cold...and even when it's not. It only took him 9 years to get from the back corner of the property when I first saw him to the living room. He still won't let me pet him though!

And Nick, dogs have masters, cats have staff. Ptttth! :p

I told you guys about the time I interrupted some opossums' love-making, right? The male chased me back into the house growling at me! I was so scared. I thought he was going to kick my butt.

I told you guys about the time I interrupted some opossums' love-making, right? The male chased me back into the house growling at me! I was so scared. I thought he was going to kick my butt.

That is hilarious:D.
Cats are cool because they are so independent, but the wife is allergic to them so we have to stick to certain types of dogs. But I will say dogs make great running partners, cats not so much.

That is hilarious:D.
Cats are cool because they are so independent, but the wife is allergic to them so we have to stick to certain types of dogs. But I will say dogs make great running partners, cats not so much.
You would be dragging a cat. The dog would just happily plod along with you. The cat would just try to sit there and look at you as you are dragging it with this look that says, "really? you've got to be crazy if you think I am going to go for a run with you."

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Yes, this is true for most cats, then on a run one time...long ago...tear...I saw this lady running on the path toward me and beside her was her cat. I stopped to try to pet it. She stopped and told me the cat would not let me pet it because it thinks I would be trying to catch it and take it back home. So her cat runs with her on her runs. Now, if it were a dog, it would need a leash. Ptttth! Teasing. I love doggies too.

Wow TJ, that's pretty crazy. A running cat... I like cats, but I love dogs. Cats are just too big of loners for my taste, but it's not like I don't like them.

Not all kitties are loners, but definitely all dogs are not loners. We want a dog, but they are just so high maintenance. I've had dogs growing up, a collie-shepard, a German shepherd, and a chihuaua. Loved them all dearly, but I was young and didn't have to worry about training them or getting them through the puppy-years.

Reactions: clawhammer72

...what you failed to say is that he was also yelling "What do you think this is? Cinemax?!"

Also - no haven't seen the cat/raccoon ad...

One of my cats (Chewbacca) was playing with a mouse outside the other day. I thought I would be kind and rescue it. So I shooed Chewie away and picked up the mouse to toss it over the fence, and the darned thing bit me! So I pulled it off my thumb, threw it over the fence, and said, "That's it. If he comes after you again, you're on your own." Ingrate.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts