Barefoot in Peterborough

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Run Barefoot, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada

I live in Peterborough and have been running barefoot for three and a half years now. I started out walking and hiking barefoot before getting into running. I have never run with shoes on so I have never had to make the "transition" to barefoot running. I have also never run with another barefoot runner, so I'm looking forward to meeting future barefoot running companions.

You can get the rest of the scoop on me by reading through some of my older blog posts herebaremysole.blogspot.com

-Lou

2. Vanessa Runs

Vanessa Runs Barefooters
    1. Canada

Ihad no idea you never ran in shoes! You rock :)

3. Kittyk

Kittyk Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. Georgia
    3. Indiana

That is pretty cool. My running career in shoes lasted 4 months before I became broken. Seems strange to think I have run longer without "shoes" than with :)

I have yet to run with another BFR, although I looking to change that situation next year. In fact in all the races I have been in I have only ever seen 2 runners wearing VFF's and they were in my last 2 races.

It'll happen, I think that BFR/MR is getting more popular. I am hoping that next year will be huge for BRS Canada.

4. Horseman42

Horseman42 Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

That's really cool that you've never ran in running shoes. Wish Icould say the same. It doesn't make the 20+ marathons or the ironman to be as great an acomplishment as running barefoot through the winter!

5. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

Hello Lou

PeterPatch is my old stumping grounds too. Grew up in the area (Keene, Peterboro, Warsaw, CurveLake, and Lakefield). Peterboro sure is a great place to run. Lots of rolling hills. Training on a drumlin field will certainly make most long distance races seem flat, in comparison.

How's the leg doing?

Look forward to joining you on a run. Maybe we can set up something when I come to Peterboro to visit family.

- rod

6. Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW Barefooters
    1. Canada
    2. International

Hey Run Barefoot ...

You want to join us for the Tannenbaum 10K in TO. Vanessa has recommended the guest apartment in her condo. ($35 each) Stay over Saturday and run on Sunday. I could pick you up on the way to TO and give you a ride back to Peterboro. Maybe we could even arrange everyone getting together for dinner, including those that are not running the event.

Seems that Alan is in Mississauga and everyone else is on the east side of TO.

Let me know.

7. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada

Unfortunately I didn't register in time for this race. If I had known it was going to turn into such a party I would have signed up early. :)

I'll have to catch you at the next one.

8. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada

Hi Rod,

The leg is doing well now. I haven't had any aches in a long time.

Let me know when you are coming to PTBO and we can meet up for a run. Maybe you would like to run the PTBO half. I think I will finally try it this winter, but I not going to register until the last minute so I don't jinx myself.

Lou

9. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada

The Ironman and a marathon are great accomplishments that I have not done. I have only run barefoot through December and have yet to make it through an entire winter. I'm hoping this will be the year.

10. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada

I find myself a bit unique among barefoot runners in that they are mostly trying to adjust everything to run barefoot. Whereas, I do everything barefoot and only look for a foot covering when I really have to. I would prefer to allow my body to adapt to conditions than jumping straight to an aid.

I would like to see a day when barefoot runners are just runners and running shoes are cause for a double-take.

11. Run Barefoot

Run Barefoot Barefooters
    1. Canada