Barefoot hikers, Ramblers South of England

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by XX Dogfather, Nov 23, 2013.

1. XX Dogfather

XX Dogfather Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi UK guys n gals.. It's a lonely barefoot life here in Dorset. Especially in the winter. I'm looking for UK based barefooters (Natural or minimalists) who may be interested in a hike in the south of England.

Would be willing to modify the mileage based on experience / comfort levels. Typically my hikes rambles end in a pub for a meal and a drink or two.

If anyone is interested curious please reply and lets sort out an event....

Dogs...

2. Aranya

Aranya Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi XXDogfather,
    I'm based on the Devon/Dorset border near the coast at Seaton. While I spend much of my time barefoot, my focus here is mainly on running. I have plenty of other stuff to do, including finding time for nice walks with my partner which we still don't manage to do enough of. I'm keen to find other barefoot/minimalist runners in the area to run with from time to time though. I feel pretty isolated here.
    Cheers, Aranya

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi Aranya,

I'm in Chepstow, South Wales, about 2 hours from you.

I'm watching for developments in your ideas for a running camp next year on FB.

Cheers,

Paul

Barefoot TJ and XX Dogfather like this.
  4. Pigwig

Pigwig Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi there. I'm near Farnham, Surrey. I run in Xero's or (recently purchased) Sockwa. If this doesn't rule me out then I too am keen to hear more about the running camp. I hope I would be welcome as it would be lovely to be with a group of people who aren't telling me "I've been running 30+ years & run 500 mara's so I know better than you, now go put some nice cushioned trainers on, oh and add orthotics too, you over pronate you know and your foot might fall off". Or that kind of thing anyway! I'll be watching for news....Thanks

5. footloose2

footloose2 Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Yes, I live and work in Bournemouth. Hardcore barefoot hiker and less hardcore runner. I'm up for anything....

Barefoot TJ and XX Dogfather like this.
  6. Amit Baswal

Amit Baswal Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi, I am also in Bournemouth. Sound like a good idea, I really think it'll be great to meetup with other barefooters around here. I usually run barefoot along the prom on my own....

7. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hmmmm. Looks like we have a barefoot hike along the whole South coast on our hands here!

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  8. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I can add the details to the calendar and the UK Chapter for you all if you want me to. Please let me know.

paulbeales likes this.
  9. XX Dogfather

XX Dogfather Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Yay! Lets do the whole south coast. Start at Lands End finish some time next year!

I wonder how many pubs that will be along the way? :eek:

OK People, it looks like we have enough interest so lets start planning this thing.

I have a variety of walks we could do from simple to challenging and of various lengths. Why not let me know what you would be up for? Pls message me if you don't want to post it in the forums. I'm suggesting the New Year to get the Christmas excess out of the way and am happy to go whatever the weather. (Although anything over 4 miles in snow may not be much fun for us natural hikers)..:cold:

10. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I'd be up for doing a section near Weymouth next year :)

Maybe you should start a new thread called South Coast Barefoot Walk/Hike/Run 2014 Dogs?