Barefoot Hiker - Snowdon - 3rd Jan

farmershort

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2011
Hi All,

Whilst walking back down Snowdon (Wales, UK), I passed a chap carrying some rubber crocs, walking barefoot up the mountain! It was might chilly that day, and very wet - his feet must have been seriously tough to cope with all of that welsh slate! Was it anyone from this forum? It didn't really seem like the the time to stop and chat, otherwise I would have congratulated him!

Thanks

Adam

Which path were you on? Years ago I walked portions of the PyG and Miner's tracks barefoot because my boots were hurting me - but that would have been in July rather than January.
This time of year I'd expect to be, at least, carrying crampons rather than Crocs!

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Hi Chris,

We went up Pyg and down Miners - we met this chap toward the end of the "shared" section, so he could have come up either Pyg or Miners track. There was a little snow left on the top, but it had been very wet for a few days previously, and temps at the top were just about above freezing - pretty mild for the time of year!

Hi Adam, we have a new Barefoot & Minimalist Hiking forum now. Would you like me to move this there?

I have hiked up the Pyg and down the Miners' barefoot but that was June! Wales has some of the best barefoot hiking trails I have ever been on but most are easier than Snowdon!