Barefoot Halloween Contest Again This Year?

I think a night in jail

I think a night in jail should warrant 50 points.

Nite in jail may get negative

Nite in jail may get negative points.

...and I'll pitch in for sure. (Not that I have a prayer with all these hard cores who sound like they can both run farther and stay up drinking way later than I can.)

Me too!Said night in jail

Me too!

Said night in jail would come from walking into a bar BF, the bouncer asking me to leave and in a drunken slurring voice, me telling him how I had just run a marathon BF and he can shove something somewhere. HA. I'm really a nice guy, but you never know with 5-17 drinks in me after such a taxing day!

peacekaren wrote:If you have

peacekaren said:
If you have to ask whether your footwear choice counts as minimal, you're disqualified. If you have to ask if running in socks counts as minimal or barefoot, you're disqualified.

barefoot ramzev said:
I have a minimal shoe question. I have a pair of sketchers shoes that I have removed the insole out of, they are very thin soled with no heel rise, if I wear them to a party do they count as minimal or do they have to be minimal run wear?

SillyC said:
I got some Zigtechs and they got a hole in them. Are they minimalist shoes now?

-----------------------------------------------------

Ram and Silly are out. :p

OK, I'll let you stay. But I'm serious. You're big boys and girls. You know whether your shoes are minimal or not. If they are, count it. If not, don't. No need to ask.

PRs are great! But no bonus points.

Night in jail? I agree with TJ -- 50 points! Just remember that you need to be out in time to post your results by 5pm Tuesday, Nov 2.

Regaring the "entry fee" -- I'm not so thrilled with that. Thinking back to last year when DH and I were both out of work, I don't want anyone feeling that they need to contribute to participate. Even if it's noted as voluntary, I think the idea might discourage some from participating. I'd rather just go with bragging rights as the prize. When you're eventually set up to accept donations to BRS, you can use some of the donations to fund prizes for future contests. Just my $0.02.

Peace,

Karen

Well, that's why I

Well, that's why I specifically said, you don't have to contribute if you don't have it to contribute. That's also why I said just a buck.

And if you go to jail, we want pictures of you and your new best buddies, er...uh, fellow inmates, as proof.

Thanks Karen, I just wanted

Thanks Karen, I just wanted to be sure any minimal shoes were in, not just running related shoes.

I think I will have to

I think I will have to parallel my race conditioning with some drinking training. I'll work up to a highly tuned peak on, say, the Friday night before the event kickoff, the taper down til Sat. mid day. On Sunday I'm going for an extra point at communion! Then I will have to include a cooler with my race support crew's equipment , I guess.

This was the kind of foolishness going round and round in my head during my 9 miler this afternoon.

JosephTree: Hydration is key

JosephTree: Hydration is key to a good race. ;)

How far is your race, Glen?

How far is your race, Glen?