Barefoot dictionary...

quick fact about Eskimos:

quick fact about Eskimos: they dont actually have a crazy amount of words for snow, i think its actually less than 20. their language is composed mostly of pre-fixes and suffixes. meaning they have a base word then they add a BUNCH of pre-fixes and suffixes to said base word. these additions then make sentences etc. its kinda hard to get because that method of speaking is totally foreign to any Latin based language (all we do is add a pre-fix or suffix to modify a singular word and change the tense. they may do more but im an engineer, not an languages person). therefore they may take the root word for snow and then modify with any one or several of a huge number of modifiers. so yes, they describe snow with probably thousands of different meanings, but actually have relatively few actual words for snow.

I read this information in a book of common misconceptions, although i dont remember what i was called, therefore im sorry i cant give a source for this info. I found it rather interesting, hope y'all do to.

Barfuß Chelsea

Barfuß Chelsea said:
STREUSCHEIß: (German, pronounced stroy-shice; lit. shit-for-scattering) the tiny, pointy gravel that [...] remains on the sidewalks for weeks or even months after the ice has been long melted
-----------------------

Hah! That's a good one, Chelsea! Going to add this to my vocabulary. Here in Freising the stroy-shice is still all over the place. *grrr*

Guess I'm a Wilderbeast, too. Actually, I like the idea. :) Sounds... wild. *rrroar* ;)

Will you be having an IBRD event in your vicinity? I'm currently putting out my feelers if anyone might be interested in running barefoot together through Olympia-Park in Munich but so far no responses. Except for this guy with foot fetish, of course... :(

Susafras, have you posted in

Susafras, have you posted in the German Chapter and the German Forum about an IBRD event in your area yet? Just a suggestion.

Hi TJ, have to admit, that

Hi TJ, have to admit, that although there's this discussion with Paleo in the German Chapter, I haven't posted anything yet. It's still all only half-hearted. I placed some notes in several Facebook groups and on my profile.

Before announcing anything I'd like to test the route first to see whether it's OK for beginners. But I guess, Olympia-Park in Munich should be fine.

Maybe I should just muster up enough courage and get started... :)

We might have a Germany

We might have a Germany Facebook page setup. I'm not sure. You can check there too.

arch nugget. love it. hate it

arch nugget. love it. hate it that they come in six packs.

Mike