Barefoot Des Moines marathon recap! Its rather long...

Congrats again, Angie!  I'll

Congrats again, Angie! I'll put this on the home page like we discussed in a couple of days.

I can't believe it's been a

I can't believe it's been a whole year since you posted the half marathon RR. I was impressed enough then with your cold weather barefoot performance and near-finish line smile, and now a full!

Ditching the foot warmers at the last possible second does seem to help in those temps.

Congrats on your race as well as the BFRunning race-day promotion of our sport.

An ultra?

An ultra?

Most pathetic question ever:

Most pathetic question ever: what is that cool arm sleeve thingy you are wearing? I loved your report! Especially the part about running relaxed.

Abide, I can swim but it is

Abide, I can swim but it is more of a controlled drowning and I don't ride a bike. Maybe someday when I have more time to train.

I plan to do an ultra but not sure about next weekend. I am waiting until the last minute to sign up.

Janine, its a Merrell tank and Bolero but I can't find them on their site anymore. I like that it has thumb holes and can be wrapped around my waist. I do like these too

http://store.sheilamoon.com/index.php?cPath=15_16_18

Reactions: Tyler J L
I was already running long

I was already running long distances at the beginning of the summer. 20-23 miles and then had anemia that really cut into my training plan. I ran a marathon distance once before the actual race and then a couple 18 and 20 milers too.

I don't think I have the mental stamina to stick with a plan for that long :)

Reactions: Tyler J L

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts