Barefoot bike pedals?

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
Has anyone on here ever bought a set of barefoot bike pedals. I have a mountain bike and I want some for it. Any ideas? I think Abide had a thread about this last year but I can't remember what it said. Any help will be great thanks!

Cool man, are they

Cool man, are they comfortable? I know some aren't when you stand up and try and pedal. They look like they would be though!

I know this is a super old topic, but thought I'd share my thoughts. I do a lot of riding barefoot and have filed down the plastic grips on one side of my pedals and leave the other side with the nubs in case I need traction and I'm wearing shoes. I have just basic plastic pedals. Some of the old cruisers come with smooth pedals. Check out, for example the old vintage scwhinn cruiser stingray block pedals.

Reactions: Tristan and Random
I know this is a super old topic, but thought I'd share my thoughts. I do a lot of riding barefoot and have filed down the plastic grips on one side of my pedals and leave the other side with the nubs in case I need traction and I'm wearing shoes. I have just basic plastic pedals. Some of the old cruisers come with smooth pedals. Check out, for example the old vintage scwhinn cruiser stingray block pedals.
There is a thread in the triatholon sub-forum (I think its the top thread right now) about some different barefoot pedals, but it starts out as a very old thread just a warning. I also started a general post on cycling for anyone to share cycling stuff, if interested check out https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/cycling-thread.19564/