Barefoot?...BAREFOOT?

I agree. For me, a nice, compacted dirt trail is the best/most forgiving, although as you know, I'm embracing the idea of tackling more challenging surfaces, or perhaps tackling the idea of embracing more challenging surfaces.
My feet don't seem to mind some gravel and roots like they mind man made surfaces.

I say we all put on tight shorts and toe shoes and go running BARE FOOT AND BARE NAKED

s-exercise.png

I got my start in running while in the military; that meant wearing shoes or boots. I hated running and stopped when I got out of the military. Barefoot running has brought pleasure to something I hated. I guess that is why I am sort of radical as to what constitutes being barefoot.

I got my start in running while in the military; that meant wearing shoes or boots. I hated running and stopped when I got out of the military. Barefoot running has brought pleasure to something I hated. I guess that is why I am sort of radical as to what constitutes being barefoot.
I started running in 7th grade I think. When I went into the military at 23 I was taught, like you, to hate running. When I got out I swore I would never run again the rest of my life. Now I've been running a little over a year and have re-found my love of running. Now if I could re-capture some of the young me and stop with the injuries already...

Yah, or do it barefoot-barefoot naked-naked like the streakers of the 70s . . ., back when 'barefoot' and 'bare naked' meant no shoes or clothes.

Weird thing was streakers all wore sneakers, and nudists seem to be addicted to shoes.
Two weeks ago there was a "Naked 5 K" at a nudist resort in Michigan, and the promotional material said "just bring your running shoes, that's all you'll need".
Radio stories of the event depicted it the same way, a bunch of ALMOST naked people running in shoes.
Reports as well as personal experience make me believe that at least in the U.S. nude/naked/naturist means shoes for all.

I walk trails barefoot, but I only run them when a section is thrown into the beginning, middle, or end of a race.
Pavement is so much more predictable since you can SEE the "dangerous" objects and holes well in advance.
If I could wear minimalist shoes, and HAD to run a rough trail for more than a mile or so, that's when I would resort to them.

Reactions: Rich-in-STL
Weird thing was streakers all wore sneakers, and nudists seem to be addicted to shoes.
Two weeks ago there was a "Naked 5 K" at a nudist resort in Michigan, and the promotional material said "just bring your running shoes, that's all you'll need".
Radio stories of the event depicted it the same way, a bunch of ALMOST naked people running in shoes.
Reports as well as personal experience make me believe that at least in the U.S. nude/naked/naturist means shoes for all.
Wow, you're right, I had remembered that wrong.
Opps; should think a bit more before I write.
(I was in junior high at the time,
so perhaps I was too focused on their hip extension and vertical bounce)

Nudism and shoes, it's a funny contradiction isn't it?
Just the opposite of my way of seeing things.
I like a little protection from surfaces around my privates.

Wow... I guess I've never been into sex with shoes on before. I prefer shoeless sex. Why would someone want to get all the dirt and what not in their beds? Guess I just don't get it and find it strange...

Reactions: Rich-in-STL
rich, your watching men and women have sex while you are? maybe you should post that in "are bf'ers kinkier" post.

Reactions: jldeleon
Yeppers - I used to hate running until I did it barefoot too. Oh, and there is a nudist run here in Portland once a year. I should go and laugh at them and ask them why they aren't barefoot and call them nudist wannabes. Lol.

Reactions: Bare Lee