[Aug 21, 2016] 2016 Radnor Red Run Steeplechase 5K (Malvern, PA)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by fmagic, Aug 10, 2016.

2016 Radnor Red Run Steeplechase 5K
Start Date: Aug 21, 2016 09:00 AM
End Date: Aug 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Time Zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

826 Providence Rd
Malvern, PA 19355

Posted By: fmagic

Confirmed Attendees: 0
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. fmagic

fmagic
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. California...
    3. Presidents

Please consider joining me for the 2016 Radnor Red Run Steeplechase 5K to be held at Radnor Hunt in Malvern, PA on Sunday, August 21. This race features a course where you run over horse jumps, water pits and through fields and cross country trails. There is a water stop at the halfway point. After the race, there is a BBQ with food and soda/beer (additional cost.)

A course map is available at http://www.radnorredsteeplechase.org/event-info/.

A video of the course is available at https://youtu.be/udgwpX6nmMw.

The course looks to be barefoot friendly, although you may need to watch out for horse droppings here and there. There are a few stretches that do have gravel, but a lot of the course appears to be on grassy fields.

Registration cost is $35 in advance, or $40 on race day. Add $10 to your registration to enjoy the BBQ afterwards.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. JosephTree

JosephTree
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

This is a great course and probably as BF friendly as one is likely to find off road. I've never run it, but my running club, Fastracks, does the volunteer heavy lifting, and I've watched and course marshalled for the last few years.

It's also a quick race - just 5K.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #2 JosephTree, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Barefoot TJ and fmagic like this.