Auburn Jules Run Race Report

SillyC

Barefooters
May 19, 2010
Just a quickie race report....

We had a road race in my town this morning. It was to benefit the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. My town hasn't had a road race in forever, and some of local residents with deep pockets and a commitment to parks and rec in our town got the idea to start hosting races.

So, we showed up! They had a kids run at the HS track. My 4 year old took 3rd out of a field of ~ 15, and was the first girl in her heat. My 7 year old didn't want to do the kids run - she wanted to do the road race.

There was a 3 mile run and a 5 mile run. My 7 year old daughter and I did the 3 mile. It was a challenging course - at 0.3 miles, there was a 700 foot climb that lasted until the end of mile 1. Then, rolling hills to mile 1.5, and a turn around. I ran barefoot, but my daughter's gotta rock Nikes until I can trust her to pay attention to where she's putting her feet. We started at a good pace, so she didn't have to stop to walk much at all. When she did, it was for ~ 50 yards or so. We were passing people like crazy going up the hill.

We came in at 39:30! I can't believe how well my daughter did. We had a great time, too.

It's a family affair making

It's a family affair making good memories! Congrats to you and yours.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts