Athlete claims first-ever barefoot Ironman finish in Lake Placid

GuyFelixbrodBarefootIronMan_2.jpg

Athlete claims first-ever barefoot Ironman finish in Lake Placid

By Adirondack Daily Enterprise

LAKE PLACID — Triathlete Guy Felixbrodt says he likes to stretch the limits, and he proved that on July 24.

The Beacon, New York, resident finished this year’s Ironman Lake Placid in 16 hours, 49 minutes and 26 seconds. While his feat was impressive, so were his feet. He completed all three stages of the race barefoot — an achievement that has never been done before, he said.

“There are a lot of barefoot runners, people do marathons. They do two-and-a-half-hour marathons,” Felixbrodt said. “I’m just the only one ever. This is just the first in the history of someone completing a full-length Ironman barefoot.”

GuyFelixbrodBarefootIronMan_1.jpg

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/sports/local-sports/2022/08/one-with-the-earth/

Reactions: Sly
For the past 12 years, I have understood from reading articles, websites, and forum discussions that the Ironman would not even allow barefoot competitors for any leg of the competition. Does anyone have any opposing info on this? Perhaps some have run parts of the challenge barefoot? I know that some of the smaller triathlons have allowed it. Regardless, looks like we finally have our first Ironman barefoot triathlete finisher!

Reactions: Neil_D
See, now when I was a kid, we rode bikes with those spiky pedals whilst barefoot (the 80’s were an interesting time). Now, I see that picture and flinch. I mean, I know it’s doable, but older me would want a thin layer of rubber, now…

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
See, now when I was a kid, we rode bikes with those spiky pedals whilst barefoot (the 80’s were an interesting time). Now, I see that picture and flinch. I mean, I know it’s doable, but older me would want a thin layer of rubber, now…
Welcome back.

Reactions: RunningPirate

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test