Athens Area Barefooters?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Tracy, May 18, 2015.

1. Tracy

Tracy Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hello Georgia Barefooters!
    I'm so excited to have found this group!! Thank you for accepting my request to join!! I am wondering if there is a way to seek out other barefooters close to Athens on this site. I would love to have a fellow no shoes to make tracks with from time to time as well as someone to share places to run and other tips! I am looking forward to hearing from and contributing to the barefoot runners of Georgia chapter!

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Welcome Tracy,

There are a handful of BRS members around Athens. I make it over to Athens every now and then...maybe we can get another runner or 2 around there to join for a run sometime. I'm not real familiar where the good paved running spots as I've mostly ran on trails in your area.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. Tracy

Tracy Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Trail suggestions would be great too!!!

4. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Heritage Park near Watkinsville is where I trail run in the Athens area...its probably a too rough for a beginner fully barefoot but you could go there and walk/hike to check it out. http://www.oconeecounty.com/ocprd/index.php/oconee-parks-2/15-general/75-heritage-park

Sandy Creek park looks worth checking out... I've only ran there once on the paved roads but the trails may be ok. http://www.athensclarkecounty.com/2847/Sandy-Creek-Park

The only other place I've ran in Athens is at Memorial Park on the short paved loops around the small lake.