Article: Theresa Withee, possibly first woman to run Boston barefoot - An interview

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Neil_D, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Neil_D

Neil_D Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

Well done Theresa, the feet look in good condition too.

I've not done a marathon for 25 years now. It would be fantastic to do one barefoot. I'm not at that level yet.

I think I have been psychologically scarred in my earlier marathons, associating them with pain, lots of pain, in knees, shins etc.

I think I'll be happy if by the end of the year I can tackle a half marathon, that should be my next goal.

Neil

2. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Wonderful. I was spectating but had to leave early. I was surprised by how few womenafter the elites and subelite women barreled through. It is STILL an inspiration to be a woman, a mother, qualifying for and running Boston (and barefoot, to boot). Congratulations!!!

3. Barefoot Caveman

Barefoot Caveman Barefooters
    1. California...
    2. California...
    3. Nevada -...

WOW Theresa!!! I'm so impressed on so many levels. Your first barefoot marathon, having only 10 miles as a long run fully barefoot, and of course being the first woman to run the Boston marathon barefoot. You are such an inspiration! Congratulations!!! I know what you mean about the gatorade stickiness. I ran the race as well and this was the first race I have run that i have ever noticed it. it was pretty bad. I had to run through puddles in the water area as well to wash it off.

4. Mjsull

Mjsull Barefooters
    1. Nevada -...

Way to Go!

Congratulations on running a great race and inspiring us all. I've always enjoyed recreational running and started doing marathons when I turned 50. I've been BFRing since last June. My longest BF run is also 10 miles and I've done a half marathon with my VFF. I'm training now to run some barefoot half marathons later this year and do the Las Vegas RnR barefoot in December.

Congratulations again and I love the ink.

Michael

Henderson, NV

5. BFWendyBird

BFWendyBird Chapter Presidents

Great job! I can't wait to run my first BF marathon, but I'm still a little nervous too.

Awesome Tatt!