Article regarding Barefooting (a few years old)

BareFootBC

Barefooters
Feb 6, 2019
SouthEast British Columbia
As you requested TJ. I found that there wasn’t really anything new to learn when I read it BUT I was amused by...

‘...Doug Richie, Jr., DPM, says the vast majority of his patients have “no interest in running barefoot and look at the movement as a silly fad with potential dangers.”...’.

I’ll never say that barefoot running is for everyone but I will say doing so has made me a better runner. When I lace up a pair of FiveFingers for a longer/difficult terrain run the time I’ve put in Barefooting pays off. I’m definitely faster wearing FiveFingers, can go much further, and don’t suffer aches, pains, and blisters the way I did when I used to be a year-round all terrain Shoddie. A mellow ten miles Barefoot beats a more driven Shod ten miles any day in my books.

We all need to find our balance. As much as I’d like to be constantly shoeless it’s simply not practical for me due to geographical location, career choice, seasonal fluctuations, and activity choices so I enjoy the opportunities I get to the fullest. Sometimes I push the envelope a bit- challenges are good :)

https://www.podiatrytoday.com/when-patients-ask-about-barefoot-running-and-minimalist-shoes

Reactions: Random and IraR
Thank you. I'll leave this one here though. ;)

Reactions: IraR

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts