Article: My First Marathon By Not So Doomed Runner

One thing I've learned living up here in Oregon, is that more is definately not better when rainy. I will strip down to shorts and t-shirt now. I've run down into the mid 30's this way while it's raining.

Awsome race report and good job!

That seems to be true. It's funny all of my training was pretty much around 100 degrees with no moisture at all and race day its in the 40s and raining the entire time. It made me a little nervous because I had not tried out any of the stuff I planned to wear or do in the rain. It all worked out, but would have preferred hot and dry.

This last year I've had great luck with wearing the 'super tight' shorts, whose official name I'm not sure off, but available in running stores. Then, wear a pair of 'normal' shorts over them.

The tight shorts serve as the undergarment (tho you could wear them solo) and really really cut down on the chafing. I don't wear underwear anymore, though for long runs still put on some bodyglide.

I also generally can't stand my VFFs for pavement running, especially not long distance, though they've served me well on longer trail runs.

Congrats and cheers!

John