Article: Merrell Introduces Barefoot Running Education Site Barefoot Connection By Jason Robillard

Everettc3

Chapter Presidents
Oct 13, 2010
It is ironic thatMerrells slogan is go barefoot while they are selling shoes. I understand that they are trying to make money but I disagree with all "barefoot" or minimalist shoes, especially for beginners. The educationidea is ok butoveruse injurys are still going to occur because these shoesallow people to push themselves to hard. When your barefoot, your pads provide restriction and are a usefull guideline as to how your internals are doing.

Exactly why Merrell with the help of Jason and others in the BFR/MR community are doing all they can at this time to promote barefoot first (at least barefoot technique) through their educational programs and videos.

It's a start, but we have some work ahead of us; for example, the BRSencourages "barefoot-inspired footwear" terminology over "barefoot running shoes."But at the same time, being someone who has been damaged for life by traditional running shoes, I see the value in this type of healthy, alternative footwear over the garbage of yesteryear, and therefore, I have no problem supporting them as they bring healthier, happier running to many more people.