are you barefooters or barefoot runners?

I go everywhere I can barefoot depending on the surface. I don't run barefoot anymore (not since December 2011/January 2012 ish) because the last surgery I had (to correct the damage done by shoes) relocated the main nerve branches in my feet to the bottoms of my feet, so I feel everything I step on much more than other people. The sensations (and pain) are amplified.

I run exclusively barefoot. I usually wear sandals when I go out of the house. I have sandals attached to my bike. I have to be barefoot when I teach and I wear sandals between classes.

I run 80% barefoot, I still need my sandals for longer distances (> 20km)

during my day I go barefoot when I'm alone
and go barefoot to public places (supermaket, bakery, ...) only when I feel strong enough, not everyday because it's always a bit challenging

I go everywhere I can barefoot depending on the surface. I don't run barefoot anymore (not since December 2011/January 2012 ish) because the last surgery I had (to correct the damage done by shoes) relocated the main nerve branches in my feet to the bottoms of my feet, so I feel everything I step on much more than other people. The sensations (and pain) are amplified.
u very great, sorry to hear that, what a hoax and crime shoes are
to feel more you think is better or worse than before? must be cool in comfortable surfaces but a little pain in the neck on more difficult surfaces

I run exclusively barefoot. I usually wear sandals when I go out of the house. I have sandals attached to my bike. I have to be barefoot when I teach and I wear sandals between classes.

thats great, sandals are the few shoes that respect feet anatomy
your students what they say about teaching barefoot? do you encourage them to be barefoot? in new zealand kids go barefoot, thats incredible and amazing
look at "new zealand school kids" search in google images (without mention "barefoot") how widespread is that
p-21961-nzh.jpg

nz01.jpg

im shocked, so great that country is, they go barefot i heard because of Maori tradition

I run 80% barefoot, I still need my sandals for longer distances (> 20km)

during my day I go barefoot when I'm alone
and go barefoot to public places (supermaket, bakery, ...) only when I feel strong enough, not everyday because it's always a bit challenging

you brave, yes doing something that is considered socially unaceptable is very hard, i mean doing it in a daily basis, doing it a particular day is easy

the solution is to go to place where is bf friendly, no more worries, judging, etc

100% bf runner. 100% bf at work. 100% bf at home. 80% bf out among other people.

great!, at work thats awesome, you think you'll reach 100% one day among other people?

My main barefoot aim is to run injury free, it's not really a lifestyle choice for me. I'm happy to wear minimal shoes in public places.

yep thats why i make this post, many people are like you
carefull with minimalistic shoes, many are bad 'cause they deform the toes which is one of the most difficult parts to heal, muscles and tendons (thanks to thinner sole) can be trained and restore their strenght easily compared to deformed toes which is bone deformation

I am BF as much as I can be. I got thrown out of a light house ON Tybee Island last year, walmart has hassled me, o few restaurants, and as a teacher I am barely allowed to wear my branca sandals. That said everything else is BF including running.

TJ

haha anyone who walked into restaurants etc barefoot knowing he/she can be kicked off has to have some bravery level, you cant wear flipflops either as teacher?

LOL you have the lightning shirt i had it too, i loved that shirt till it broke

Reactions: Bare Lee
I'm just a man. I'm bf as much as i want to be. You can call me names but don't stick any labels on me. :p

i dont think people should call you names or call anyone names why to disrespect like that, some people like to judge and judge, many are not brave enough to judge an stranger thou, they afraid of confrontation

i'd feel my pride is hurt if someone call me names, i mean bad names, personal attacks etc

I live in Taiwan. Students are supposed to take their shoes off before entering any classrooms. Same is true at homes too. I think sandals and shoes are seen as more of a way to keep feet clean when going from one place to another.

I have been running barefoot almost exclusively since December. An exception to that is when I am working on speed drills with my personal trainer, so barefoot running has been around 98% of the time. Going to and from the gym in the mornings are barefoot. When I feel like it, I run errands in my neighborhood without shoes - Starbucks, Peet's, post office, bank, bakery, cleaners, drug store, grocery store, walking my neighbor's dog, farmers market.

I don't feel the need to go everywhere barefoot. I do wear comfortable footwear.

I always run without footwear. As a result, I would say that I spend 95% of total bipedal locomotion without footwear.

i went shopping at Trader Joe's last night bf. i've done it before and never get grief. one of the girls working just looked at me and smiled.
haha thats gangsta, you brave

Hey, that's me too.
Except I run shod when it's really cold or snowy.
And if I'm out and about, and have to wear shoes, I kick them off whenever I can, otherwise my feet get uncomfortably hot, and I miss the tactile stimulation of knowing my sur-groundings.
i hate cold weather i want to live tropical country in or near the equator

Yep, I've spent about one third of my adult life in the tropics. I regret having left it--I love living in my shorts and bare feet/sandals--but it's nice not having to watch my kids get malaria. At least spring has finally sprung here in the Midwest.
but malaria isnt very widespread isnt it? i mean its like difficult to get not easy, specially in some countries more than the others