Anyone use Softstar Primal Runamocs?

Anthony Recenello

Barefooters
Oct 2, 2018
I have nerve pain in my fat feet after wearing Xero sandals and now Sockwas. I love the Sockwas for Winter running. If it weren't for the freezing cold NJ winter, I would be barefoot at all times. However, without protection, the ground is so painful and then I go numb.

The Sockwas also push my toes together and give my 2nd and 3rd toes bad nerve pain. The weird thing is it always happen at exactly 3 miles.

I just purchased Softstar's Primal Runamocs, as they are 2mm sole with extremely wide toe box.

They are $150 bucks though! The issue is I can't run 3 miles in these shoes just to test for nerve pain. They wouldn't accept a return in that case.

So I'm wondering, has anyone here ran in the Primal Runamocs? (Not the Dash) Also, if you suffer from nerve pain in the toes, do these shoes fix that issue?

Thanks for reading! Hope to connect with you all more as I get to know everyone!

I bought them when searched the cure for plantar fasciitis.. Found another fix for that though. Primal runamocs have one flaw - too loose heel. They stay on, but feel like they just about to slip off. I haven't used them for running, I use mostly fivefingers - feel good and no fuss..

I've been ogling the Primals since they came out... seemed to address the one issue I had with most of the SoftStars which was too rounded/pointy of a toe box (as well as just about every other so-called wide toebox minimalist shoes). Finally got them on the huge sale they had a couple months ago. And wow do they have room, by far the widest toebox I've seen yet. I can comfortably wear toe spacers in them which I couldn't do with their Dash in wide nor other shoes I have including Lems. First couple runs were really promising. But...
Primal runamocs have one flaw - too loose heel. They stay on, but feel like they just about to slip off. I haven't used them for running, I use mostly fivefingers - feel good and no fuss..
Unfortunately I had the same issue. Though they seemed ok just wearing around, and the first couple runs, but by run 4 and then run 5 (yesterday) the heels just wouldn't stay up while running. I've not had this issue with the couple pairs of Dash's I've had despite similar build. I really like everything else about them, so I am going to try and rig up a solution, perhaps sew a reinforcing strap around the heel and maybe additional material to make the tops higher and tighter around the ankle. I was hoping it was just me/my pair and I could still recommend them since they seem nice, but maybe this is an issue many will experience - maybe those of us with skinny heels or something.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts