Anyone see the new X-Men movie? Running on your hands....what!?!?

Barefoot Mary

Barefooters
Jul 27, 2010
Denver, CO
I just thought it was funny when I was in the theater watching "X-Men First Class" to see Beast running on hand-like appendages. No deep thought here, just really funny that in the comic-book hollywood world advanced evolution would be for someone to obviously run much faster and better on feet shaped like hands, rather than feet shaped like feet.

I'm sure I bored my husband to death telling him afterwards about how perfectly evolved the human foot is - as a shock absorber (the arch), the metetarsils allowing the foot to embrace any surface, the strength of the skin, the shortness of the toes, etc. etc.

Besides, I think Beast looks like Sully from Monsters Inc.

:D

Really enjoyed First Class

Really enjoyed First Class and also noticed Beast took off his shoes to run faster. I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention it here. And Beast's feet are shaped like hands because he's got the kind of monkey thing going at that point in the movie.
glasses.png

ya that was crazy cool when

ya that was crazy cool when he took off his shoes and his feet expanded like that. i sure hope my feet don't spread that far.

Mike

My petulant Co-Worker who

My petulant Co-Worker who thinks he's the authority cause he's run a half and delights in ribbing me about BFR said he thought of me when that scene came on! LOL! I guess that's a good thing, since Beast flat out spanked the shod Professor! I told him I thought of him too...as the professor! Bwaaahahaha!

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test