Anyone else getting TOFP from Huaraches?

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
So I've been doing a handful of runs in my Lunas lately, and I've been noticing some top of foot pain mid-way up the bone of my big toe on my left foot. I figured out yesterday that it's coming from flexing my toes a little too much while I run in these bad boys, probably because my toes are looking for something to grip like they do when I run barefoot. I also suspect that my foot is getting aggravated by the big knot that you have to tie on the top of your foot when you tie with the slip-on method.

Has anyone had this problem, and if so, what did you do about it? I tried re-tying them with the traditional method and that seemed to work a little. But if I can't run without pain in these things I'm going to ditch them.

Yeah I have been thinking

Yeah I have been thinking about that as maybe the cause of mine too, not in hurraches but in my vff's. When I ran with them I realized that my toes would flex down like they were searching for the ground. Jesse's post in the other forum made me start thinking about this. When I am barefoot I have yet to have a problem. When I wear my hurraches I do walk funny. I added another strap so it stays on better and that seems to help. You could probably add another lace across the front of your foot and tie it seperately than the other lace which might relieve some of the pressure on the toe knot, but still hold it on your foot better.

Yeah, come to think of it

Yeah, come to think of it I get a little bit of TOFP with my Vibrams as well, and I bet it's from that same searching for the ground feeling. It's not as bad though, maybe because of the toe pockets.

Or I might just have to run in socks as my minimalist shoe.