Anybody here members of the Society for Barefoot Living?

I have been a member of the SBL (formerly DSS) since 1997.
While I rarely post there, it is a good group for support and advice on barefoot issues.
I am a full-time barefooter who is very vocal on restrictions to my freedom in this regard, and they have been a big help there.
So, I recommend joining.

I joined the Facebook SBL a little while back and it's getting old really fast. Instead of being a safe environment, members are constantly attacking each other. Even the posts that seem to be on neutral topics just end in bickering. I'm thinking of just leaving the group, since even the interesting topics seem to eventually just diverge into argumentation. :shifty: Is the actual SBL this bad? If so, I don't really want to join. >_>

No Mayka, the actual SBL is highly moderated , every post must be approved in advance of it being posted.

I joined the Facebook SBL a little while back and it's getting old really fast. Instead of being a safe environment, members are constantly attacking each other. Even the posts that seem to be on neutral topics just end in bickering. I'm thinking of just leaving the group, since even the interesting topics seem to eventually just diverge into argumentation. :shifty: Is the actual SBL this bad? If so, I don't really want to join. >_>

I had the same experience, so I dropped out of it too. The actual SBL is a more civil group. I've been a member there for about 4 years now.

Facebook and Runner's World are open platform, in this case meaning the "public" feels they can say anything they want without regard to etiquette...it brings out the animal in people, and I hate it. Here at the BRS (and as others are claiming for SBL), people are cool to one another and rarely is there a "good" or "bad" argument. When there is, people are hushed immediately by the moderators.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Glad to hear that the actual SBL is a more civil group. You've encouraged me to finally take the plunge and submit an application. Hopefully they'll accept me. *fingers crossed* :barefoot: