Any other ove 60 chics out there? Love to hear from you!

I am 61 and I would love to hear from any other women in the over 60 age category.

I just started running at 59 and am always happy at races when there are a few other senior runners.

My second race ever was the Empire State Senior Games. Ha I did awful because I had no experience in pacing myself.

The woman who won did it in 24 and change and is 66!!! So cool!

I have a 73 yr old friend who always beats me and there is another gal in my town who is 70 and consistently runs a 5k at 26 and change!!!!!!

For now my PB is 30:20. And I am just starting with 1.5 miles at totally barefoot. Have been using VFFs for about a year and love them.

Peanut

You totally rock, Peanut!  I

You totally rock, Peanut! I so admire you!

Thanks much!Have had some

Thanks much!

Have had some funny stuff happen with younger runners.

I was at a sports store chatting with a 20 something sales girl who also runs. I knew she really wanted to know how old I was after we talked about how much we run each week so I finally gave in and told her. Then she says, "Wow, I hope I can run that much when I'm YOUR age.".

I giggled and thanked her.

We when we got outside I started to laugh and told my husband, "That's hysterical. Put a star on my forhead. I actually get extra credit because she percieved my age as old." TOOOOOOO funny. Now he , at 67 , has just begun. He does a run/ walk for 1.5. It's pretty cool because although he has never been interested in sports he has taken to liking this. This year I started doing races and Carlisle has come to them all. Finally he said that he after watching all different sizes and ages of other people running if they could do it , so could he. So proud of him.

He's an amazing fiddle and mando player, too.

By the way, how the heck do you get the smiley faces to work? I click on them and nothing happens. I love using smileys.

Peanut

Hover your mouse over them,

Hover your mouse over them, take note of the syntax (there's normally two or three different strings you can use), then type that string in your post. Tah-dah.

There's a forum for Site Help if you have any other questions, or please feel free to send me a PM. That's what I'm here for. ;-)

Keep on keeping on Peanut!

Keep on keeping on Peanut! Doesn't smiling help a lot?

I'm using Opera as my browser and find I have to enter the code that appears when I mouse over the smileys. Perhaps they are clickable in other browsers.

Sadly, no, they are not

Sadly, no, they are not clickable or drag and dropable. Lame. I know.

(No subject)

star.png

Hey, I just right-clicked,

Hey, I just right-clicked, copied, and pasted, and it worked without giving me all the malarky. Now why does this stupid, silly, little stuff take a year to figure out? Hee.

Try it you guys! Cool!

Well, poooooooI tried typing

Well, pooooooo

I tried typing in what showed up when I hovered and it wouldn't work.

Guess I'm emoticon challenged LOL