Another Worcester-ite goes minimalist...

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by ran, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ran

ran Barefooters
    1. Massachusetts

Hey all!

Nice to see at least a few people around who are moving towards barefoot/minimalist running.

After running for several years now, I've decided this year to go minimalist. Can't run much outside during the winter due to Reynaud's, so I've switched over to running barefoot/minimalist on my treadmill to build up my leg/calf/ankle, etc.. strength.

Just picked up a pair of Merrel Trail Glove's from REI in Framingham this past Friday and will be training in these as the year progresses....

My average weekday runs are about 3-8 miles every other day, depending on when I can get myself out of bed in the morning, 8-13 on the weekends when I have more time.

I run mainly around Lake Quinsigamond (10 miles circumference!), the track, and trails as I find them. I also plan to start running down to Broadmeadow Brook - I hear there are a lot of trails down there...

Anyway, if you're interested in hooking up, give me a shout...

Ran

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Welcome, Ran!  We have a few

Welcome, Ran! We have a few people here with Raynauld's, so you're in good company. Are the Merrell's to get you through the rest of the winter weather up there?

3. ran

ran Barefooters
    1. Massachusetts

The roadsides around

The roadsides around Worcester can be quite hazardous - I've popped numerous tires while biking, so I figured that the Merrels would be a good thing to have on. Also for some of the trails, they are veeerrrryyy rooocccckkkkyyyy. :)

Throughout the summer, I hope to work on toughening up my feet so on the "safer" places (e.g. dirt tracks) - there I will take off the shoes. I'm just leary about going barefoot everywhere I run! :)