An Ecuadorian ran 100 kilometers barefoot in the Formosa ultramarathon with a solidarity mission

Ibarra García.png

An Ecuadorian ran 100 kilometers barefoot in the
Formosa ultramarathon with a solidarity mission

By Zyri

In the Olympic Games in Rome in 1960, the Ethiopian Abebe Bikila surprised the world by competing barefoot and winning the marathon. Although it was not something “never seen”, the truth is that it gave him exposure. Nowadays, running without shoes is rare, but every so often you see some intrepid one who practices it.

In the ultramarathon Formosan it was the case of Ecuadorian Edwin Ramon Ibarra García, a native of Pedernales and nicknamed “Ibarrita”, whose The goal is to break the record for running the most competitions barefoot.

On the waterfront of the city, and together with the realization of the Argentine Ultra Distance Championship, Ibarra García completed the 100 kilometers with a mark of 9 hours, 29 minutes and 10 seconds.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.zyri.net/2022/07/19/an-...mosa-ultramarathon-with-a-solidarity-mission/

An Ecuadorian ran 100 kilometers barefoot in the Formosa ultramarathon with a solidarity mission
Zyri
“All the kilometers I run doing it barefoot, I turn into kilos of food. For example, the hundred kilometers that I ran today in Formosa, ...

Reactions: Sly