Ampla Fly carbon fiber shoe

Are you a shoe fanatic?

• Yes, but don't tell anyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I'm in remission.

• I was a technical advisor to Carrie Bradshaw, on Sex And The City.

• Total voters

ClintonVoris

Barefooters
Aug 22, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
I run barefoot. You do too, or you wouldn't be reading this. :) I can make a pretty reasonable deduction that most folks on this site prefer some things to be simple, and not complicated. Like shoes. I was at a car dealership with my wife several weeks ago. I picked up the June 13, 2016 edition of Sports Illustrated.

On page 28, there was a review/overview of a new running shoe. This one with a carbon fiber 'blade' on the forefoot. It's called the Ampla Fly, aparently as a pun to communicate that this shoe is intended to amplify something. Given the seemingly never-ending quest to develop the Next Great Shoe, I'm not sure what they're trying to 'amplify' though.

Which lead me to accumulate the following well-intentioned (supposedly) designs from nice folks who have apparently never considered the primitive simpleness and utter joy of running barefoot.

Take a light-hearted gander through here, and remember, these are real shoes, designed by people who actually intend to have other people really wear these things... Enjoy! :)

Addidas.jpg

Attachments

• Ampla Fly carbon fiber shoe..jpg
    Ampla Fly carbon fiber shoe..jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Mizuno big holes.jpg
    Mizuno big holes.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 22
  • The Spice Girls.jpg
    The Spice Girls.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Enko.jpg
    Enko.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 23
  • ATI Strength Shoes.jpg
    ATI Strength Shoes.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 23
  • Vibram.jpg
    Vibram.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Kangaroo Jumps.jpg
    Kangaroo Jumps.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Nike High heeled sneakers.jpeg
    Nike High heeled sneakers.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Hooves.jpg
    Hooves.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
Silliness. We have a couple other threads similar to this...without the poll...that have some silly looking shoes. If I get some time I will try to find them.

Well I do get pretty particular when I have to get footwear now, like for work, winter, or running a chainsaw, etc. I usually take weeks to make a decision. I'm not sure what that makes me :p but if not really required, my preference is always barefoot! Great examples of some ridiculous shoes though (aside from VFFs being sorta ok ;))!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts