Altra Hiits are the pits.

Nyah

Barefooters
Oct 29, 2010
This is about Altra's Hiit XT 1.5 shoe, but I'd think it applies to the original model (Hiit XT) as well. So if you've been reading my posts here lately (or even from several years back), you'll know that I've been looking for a foot-friendly shoe that works for multi-directional movement - a shoe suitable for skateboarding, cycling and court-sports. The one-piece outsole of the Hiit XT 1.5 (and 1.0), with its sidewall, is what made me think it might have potential. This shoe has a pretty good toebox shape (could still be wider for the big toe) but that is about the only thing going for it. The detriments far outweigh the toebox advantage and they deserve to be documented. In no particular order:
• It's about as stiff as a brick.
• Arch-support is molded into the shoe and there's no way anyone can remove it.
• The shoe has a severe upcurve under the toe. Because the shoe is so stiff, your foot really has to roll forward in order to walk. Is that why conventional running-centric shoes always have this upward curve? This is new, dangerous territory for me and I refuse to accept it. A foot is not a wheel, but that's not what this shoe wants you to think.

In summary, this shoe is an ultra-stiff, unstable platform that rolls forward. I can't think of a single scenario where it would be useful for me, other than as a boat anchor.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts