AllTrails Trail Finder

Smelph

Barefooters
Nov 5, 2010
I just posted about this in the Michigan Chapter, but thought it was something to share with everyone, as I know we have a lot of trail runners here. Anyway, without further ado, last night I got an app for my iphone called AllTrails, which has locations, descriptions and reviews of trails all over the country. Some also have route maps, but not all of them.

Their database is far from complete, as it is community-driven, but the app has the capability to add new trails including routes using GPS tracking. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet to add a new trail, but it looks super promising and the more people who add/edit trails the better and more complete their database becomes. I am looking forward to adding every trail I run so others aren't as lost trying to find trails as I am now! ;)

here' is their website: http://alltrails.com/ and the app can be found on apples app store. unfortunately it doesn't appear to be available for android yet.

Bummer.  No trails listed for

Bummer. No trails listed for Georgia near me. I do know of some trails though. Their database/listing just doesn't have them yet, I guess.

Cool! I don't have an iPhone,

Cool! I don't have an iPhone, but I looked and registered on the website just the same. Only one trail marked as recommended for Trail Running, but it's clear on the other side of the valley North of me. On the other hand, I am literally about 10 miles away from the Red Rock area and can tackle some of those listed for hiking. I'm pretty sure some of them have to be somewhat suitable for running. Now I get to find out! Hehehe.

John T.

yeah i noticed a lot of them

yeah i noticed a lot of them are categorized by the activity of whoever listed it. the kal-haven was listed as a road biking trail, but I also see tons of walkers, hikers and runners there. the thing is definitely a work in progress, but I think its a cool tool.

Yes, definitely, a very cool

Yes, definitely, a very cool tool.