I'm sure that's what he's

I'm sure that's what he's saying.

I am 61. I started running at

I am 61. I started running at 59.

Previously I had taught step aerobics, weight training and yoga. Also, studied Martial Arts for a few of years.

First year I ran in some of those expensive, super Jive supportive running shoes. Started to have knee trouble.

Second year went VFFs and LOVE THEM.

Today I ran truly barefoot for the first time and went 1.5 miles. Not bad but I figured that was far enough for my first time and my feet were getting a wee bit cold.

Then I put on my VFFs and ran another 6.5 miles.

I am also a Reiki Master Teacher and my husband and I play music and have a cd called The Crimson Cord.

Also the proud Gramma of 6yr old Jaidan, 2yr old Jaxon and 2 1/2 yr old Brody!

I live in NY about a half hour north of Ithaca.

Nice to meet all ya'll.

Peanut

Welcome again, Peanut.  It

Welcome again, Peanut. It will be more difficult to learn how to run barefoot in very cold temps, so be sure to take it extra easy. Congrats on your first barefoot run!

So I'm still the oldest guy

So I'm still the oldest guy here.......for now.

You are the oldest GUY

You are the oldest GUY eh?

Hmmm, I wonder how many other over 60 chics are out there running minimal or barefoot? I'd love to meet them!

Peanut

You are a rare breed, Peanut!

You are a rare breed, Peanut!

I'm 39 and started running

I'm 39 and started running pre-teens but took about 20 years off. I ran bf a few times in the late 80's but have stopped wearing shoes since July of this year. I moved from over seas to Portland, Oregon and forgot to pack my running shoes so while waiting for the container of our stuff to arrive, I just started running and voila here I am and will never go back! I had no idea it was even OK to run without shoes so thanks everyone for opening my eyes and confirming what I had always suspected. :) :) :)

Phil Hart wrote:I'm 294 in

Phil Hart said:
I'm 294 in dog years, and my 9 years of Army sometimes make it feel like people years. The Army in general and months or years in combat in the Middle East will put some mighty hard miles on a body. I'm just glad to be able to still run, even 50% slower.

Thanks so much for your service, Phil!

Peace,

Karen

Go get 'em knuckles!  I like

Go get 'em knuckles! I like this guy. He has it together.

Phil H. - we have similar

Phil H. - we have similar names and similar stories, but you've got a 21-year advantage on me. Figure out now how to run sustainably, and you won't be looking for options in 21 more years like I am. You're onto a good thing here, and you haven't lived long enough yet to do any serious overuse and misuse of joints. Welcome to the crew.

Karen - I'm both proud and honored to have had the privelege of serving the greatest nation in the world as a combat soldier and leader, and to have been granted the honor yet again to be working with our super soldiers again now as a consultant. Thanks for your appreciation. It means a lot to those of us who have, along with their families, lived through difficult times on behalf of others. Thank you for being a somewhat rare conscientious and appreciative citizen; it's folks like you who remind us that the sacrifices are worth it. Have a great day!

I'm 41. I suppose I started

I'm 41. I suppose I started running in my early 20s, but that was as part of a "commando" training course my dad and I decided to do in our spare time. After that, and from then until my mid-30s, I followed a pattern of abstaining from exercise for 9 months, followed by attempting to start running again for 3 months. In 2004 I joined a new gym and used it heavily for 6 months, combined that with running, and planned to enter a half-marathon the following March. Well, on New Year's Eve 2004, my daughter was born and all that went to sh*t! Eventually, IIRC in mid-2007, I decided to start running again, and haven't really stopped since then, although progress has been slow.

I started running minimal / BF a few months ago, partly just for something new to try, and I'm still trying it.

Welcome, Tavis!

Welcome, Tavis!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts