Barefoot Cassie

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2010
So, in the spirit of getting to know everyone a bit better...give up your age and how long you have been running and barefoot running.

I am 31 (I really don't feel it)

I am really new to both running and BFR. I started in July of this year.

27 here, though people have

27 here, though people have always taken me for being a lot older than I am.

As for running, I ran a little as a kid but I stopped as I became a teenager when other interests took over. My barefooting started on the 30th of May last year. I followed that up by breaking my big toe two days later and couldn't run for a month.

Cassie, it's great that you

Cassie, it's great that you could start barefoot running around the same time you started running. What a great way to begin!

I'm 16. I almost feel misplaced here, lol :party:

I've been running since 7th grade (12 years old). I started my barefoot running journey on April 8 of this year, because of the day without shoes at school. What a journey it has been!

Blind Boy wrote:27 here,

Blind Boy said:
27 here, though people have always taken me for being a lot older than I am.

As for running, I ran a little as a kid but I stopped as I became a teenager when other interests took over. My barefooting started on the 30th of May last year. I followed that up by breaking my big toe two days later and couldn't run for a month.

Oh, ouch! Did you break it BFR? Or just a crappy coincidence?

I was barefoot, yes. Wasn't

I was barefoot, yes. Wasn't paying as much attention to the otherwise smooth trail in front of me as I was to the cute girl walking toward me. It just so happens that at that particular spot there are a few larger rocks embedded in the trail and I managed to hit one of them. That should teach me not to stare and pay attention at least, no?

I'm 57, but have been

I'm 57, but have been hard-surface barefoot running for longer than just a few mintes since..........I was a bit over 56 1/2.

Hi! What a great way to get

Hi! What a great way to get to know people better!

I just started BF "officially" on Sept. 7th although I tried it out a little before that. I couldn't do much before July because I wanted to complete my first triathalon before I dove into barefooting. I've been running since I was 12 - started track in junior high and was running with the HS cross country team in the 8th grade. I think it did a lot of damage on my growing body and kinda f'd up my knees, hips and stuff. I'm 40 now and finally running (relatively) pain free.

haha LB, like your

haha LB, like your creativity

BB, I'd have pinned you for older based on your posts (for some reason, not sure why exactly)

Matt, it's nice to have younger generations aboard...you'll pave nice paths for your peers.

I'm 31 and have been running for 4.5yrs, started minimal running in Feb and purely barefoot in March and haven't run in shoes since). I used to run a little bit when in jr high, mainly for exercise. Then took up biking because it was easier on the boobs. From there I did lots of walking, biking, weight training, ventured into dance in college with belly dance and latin dance. It wasn't until 4.5yrs ago when I heard about the Enell sports bra, that I started to run more seriously. Who'd have thought that finding the right bra could change one's life forever?! I now run 3 days a week and dance my ass off (pretty sure I left if back in class this morning)

I'm 37... although looking at

I'm 37... although looking at that number - I'm still not sure how it happened.

I am also new to running... having just started to run as a newbie BF runner early this year.

Had I only known before that there was a way to run that didn't pound the crap out of ankles, knees, shins, etc.... I would have started a long time ago.

Making up for lost time.

S. Pimp.

swedishpimple wrote:I'm 37...

swedishpimple said:
I'm 37... although looking at that number - I'm still not sure how it happened.

I'm 37 also, comes quick huh? At some point I'll start acting like it!

I ran CC in high school then took 16 or so years off to support Phillip Morris. I've been back to running since early 2007 and started BF running about 1.5 years ago.

37 years old. I spent my

37 years old.

I spent my entire life thinking that I could not run, I didn't know how too.

I started running in May of this year and kicked off my shoes in June. Without shoes I finally felt like I was learning something, getting feedback from my body. And I was happy to find that barefoot runners care about their form and share info online.

Now I alternate barefoot and huarache/sandals and will run my first race in November.
I tried other minimal shoes but nothing feels right. I hope the huaraches+socks will be enough for the winter.

I'm 44.  I ran off and on

I'm 44. I ran off and on (mostly off) from teens until my late 20's, when I finally gave up running, thinking that my knees could never adjust to running. Then I started running again in June of 2006, but still had some problems with my knees and back. Then in May of 2007, I found out that people actually ran without shoes and liked it. I finally ditched the shoes in late June of 2007 and haven't looked back.

I'll be 44 in TWO DAYS! 

I'll be 44 in TWO DAYS! I'M GOING TO PUKE! I've been running for going on 7 years, been barefoot running for two years. I still suck as a runner, but at least now that I run barefoot, I am enjoying it a whole lot more.

I'll be 42 in November.I was

I'll be 42 in November.

I was new to both running and BFR in June of 2009. Though it's been about 14 months since I started, I lost about 2 months off the bat for peroneal tendonitis and about 3 months over this past spring/summer for extensor tendonitis. That leaves only about 9 months of running for me, so I still consider myself a newbie runner.

Peace,

Karen

24 yo...like wise not sure

24 yo...like wise not sure how it happened. I could swear I started college a year or so ago...

been running barefoot about 9 months.

VFF for about 2 hours. :D