Add Your 2021 IBRD Reports Here!

IBRD2020_Finland.jpg

Add Your 2021 IBRD Reports Here!

Run Streak Day 133: 3.10 miles. 2021 miles 358.12

For IBRD virtual running, I did my normal 5 k and took it easy.

This run had pretty much everything. It started off cloudy with a slight cool breeze. Just before my turn around point it started to rain. The rain only lasted a minute or two then the clouds cleared and the sun came out during my return leg.

Garmin stats are 3.10 miles in 27:48 for an avg pace of 8:58. Splits were 9:15, 9:01, 8:40. Training effect was 3.0 with an average HR of 142.

Hope everyone else enjoyed there IBRD run as well.

The 2021 report thread has not been created so once it is there please move my post to it. Thanks.

Run Streak Day 133: 3.10 miles. 2021 miles 358.12

For IBRD virtual running, I did my normal 5 k and took it easy.

This run had pretty much everything. It started off cloudy with a slight cool breeze. Just before my turn around point it started to rain. The rain only lasted a minute or two then the clouds cleared and the sun came out during my return leg.

Garmin stats are 3.10 miles in 27:48 for an avg pace of 8:58. Splits were 9:15, 9:01, 8:40. Training effect was 3.0 with an average HR of 142.

Hope everyone else enjoyed there IBRD run as well.
I changed the name of your thread, so everyone can add theirs to it. Thanks for starting us off!

upload_2021-5-6_12-16-19.png

I hope that you all managed to get out and enjoy our 11th International Barefoot Running Day last Sunday!

While it was never going to be the same as the real thing, our first ever Virtual IBRD seems to have been a success in its own small way. It’s been viewed, liked and shared more than 100,000 times on social media and attracted active participants from all over the world - the USA, UK, France, Italy, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, India, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Israel, South Africa, Indonesia, Trinidad & Tobago, Slovenia, Japan and Poland are just the countries we’re aware of so far (if we’ve missed you off that list, please do let us know…)

It was also very encouraging to see IBRD2021 reaching out well-beyond our own membership – judging by the social posts we’ve seen, running alongside the acknowledged barefoot masters were a lot of first-time barefooters, which bodes well for the future of the sport. We’ll be working hard over the coming year to sustain and develop that emerging interest…

Of course, virtual events are no substitute for the real thing (and we are very much looking forward to getting back to in-person meets for IBRD2022) but in these strange and difficult times, we’re pleased that we had the opportunity to keep the flame burning, even if we weren’t allowed to actually touch the torch!

Onwards and Upwards! (with bare soles downwards, of course)

P.S. We’ve heard that there was at least one in-person gathering that took place this IBRD, in Paris. We’d love to hear how it went, so please do let us know if you were there. And if you organised or participated in any other IBRD meet-ups, tell us about those too. Thanks.

I'm posting this for Terrance in Hong Kong:

Hi TJ,

We are the members of the Facebook Group Name "Hong Kong Barefoot Running" from Hong Kong.

During the covid-19 pandemic period, we have held an (unoffical) 2021 IBRD event in Hong Kong on 2 May 2021.

The following is the Activity Highlights: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581502312124916/permalink/2928766100731857/

Stay Well

Sincerely
Hong Kong Barefoot Running
May 2021
Terence Wong

U2dFeAn.png

I ran alone :(

but it was great anyway to celebrate! :D
Nice route and good distance too. :barefoot:

My best runs were when I was alone.

Reactions: ghose