Actor Gyllenhaal Likes Running Barefoot

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Gyllenhaal Likes Running Barefoot

[size=2>18 November 2010 5:36 PM, PST | [url="http://www.wenn.com/"]WENN[/size=2>18 November 2010 5:36 PM, PST | [/U][size=2> | See recent WENN news[/size=2> | »
[size=2> | [/size=2>

"I run with minimalist shoes,

"I run with minimalist shoes, which are shoes which basically protect you from getting any sort of disease."

So does this mean I can get halitosis, hemoroids and hangnails from going barefoot? Sheez, I'm really worried now.:shock:

Wait, is he a sometimes

Wait, is he a sometimes barefoot minimal runner? Or a misquoted victim of ignorant media? Or just a liar? He doesn't sound like an actual barefooter, or not much of one since he mentioned disease and glass (goatheads I will accept as an excuse). Whatever, he didn't call them barefoot shoes, and he didn't use the generic "simulate a barefoot experience", so I guess he's okay in my book. And like we always say, minimal is better than boat anchors.

I'm with you Danjo. I think

I'm with you Danjo. I think it's funny that someone who supposedly likes running barefoot would mention disease and glass. I don't know how many times I've said this to others, but the world is not covered in feces and shards of glass!!

Chris McDougall linked to a

Chris McDougall linked to a video of him recently, with him talking to Letterman about it. I think it's clear he's a minimalist runner, but his brother-in-law is a barefoot runner.

Hey, I have no problem with being 100% minimalist; I think that's fine. I do wish he wasn't propogating the whole "disease" fear because it's so rare in the USA for that to be an issue! But I think overall having someone famous speak positively about it is a good thing.

Check out the video; he definitely says more than he does in this article.

Gyllenhaal on Letterman

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts