A warning from my shod ultra club to its members...

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I know you don't trail run, but I need you to send out a warning to all of your running contacts. I have a friend who works for Georgia Power and he spends a lot of time on the power line easements and fire roads throughout central and north Georgia. Like the "Power Lines" at Sweetwater. On Monday he and his co-worker came across an intricate set of trip wires that were connected to 8 guns arranged in a crossfire pattern with electronically wired triggers. Best case scenario someone was illegally poaching deer with a very dangerous very illegal booby-trap. Regardless, I know a lot of runners use fire roads for trail running. We need to get a warning to as many people as possible and warn them of this dangerous scenario. My friend says he was lucky he was on foot and moving slowly. If he had been in his truck he would have never seen the setup and possibly would have been shot and killed.

Please pass this on to as many runners as possible.

2. Barefooting Bob

Barefooting Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. North Dakota
    3. Nederland -...

Wow, who would of thought

Wow, who would of thought that you need to worry about something like that. I heart running trails and it is definitely hunting season up here, guess I will stick to my trail runs thru the provincial parks and leave the fire roads alone. Damn scary.

3. jschwab

jschwab Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Another reason to pull out

Another reason to pull out when my kids clamor "why can't we live in the country?". So crazy!

4. barefoot kean

barefoot kean Barefooters
    1. Missouri

wow, puts all of us hunters

wow, puts all of us hunters to shame reading a story like that

5. miker

miker Chapter Presidents
    1. Oklahoma
    2. California...
    3. Canada

Kean, if the story is true, I

Kean, if the story is true, I don't think you could call them "hunters". I can, however, think of several "choice" words that describe them, but hey, this is a family site... :)

6. barefoot kean

barefoot kean Barefooters
    1. Missouri

very true, hunters is a bad

very true, hunters is a bad word to describe. Fun story while we are on the subject. A good friend of mine was riding with 2 redneck acquaintances of mine around deer season. They saw a deer on the side of the road and decided to kill it. They then started to fight over the LOADED gun in the truck and proceeded to handle it so much that it went off (keep in mind that my friend was sitting in the middle seat) and shot a hole in the ceiling. Crazy thing, the deer didnt run so the owner of the truck shot it and proceeded to leave it in a ditch on a country road. I love SW MO.

On a good note, this thanksgiving unless i just have the worst of luck, i fully plan to take out a deer or two at my grandpas in Seminole, yay deer meat!!! And because hes a senior citizen i dont even have to pay for tags!!!

7. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

They just left the deer in

They just left the deer in the ditch to go to waste. What a bunch of a-holes.