A return from the grave, thank you Correct Toes

SI barefoot

Barefooters
Jul 15, 2014
Carbondale, Il
Hello, all. It has been far too long since following and posting on this forum. I guess I sort of lost my way after breaking my foot last fall followed by not running much during the winter. It's kind of funny, once I started running again this last spring spring I felt like things were only pretty good. Most runs ranged from 3-6 miles, but by the end of most runs I was ready to stop. I was pleased to see some solid evidence of improvement while following the Maffetone method. At a heart rate of 145-150 my mile times have improved 30-45 seconds per mile. Still, I struggled with nagging little aches and some back discomfort. It wasn't until just a few weeks ago, when I started wearing my correct toes again, after many months of no use, that things really took off for me! I quickly realized my form had been slipping subtly. My feet had started to externally rotate a little, and my big toes weren't spreading medially as much, both issues quickly fixed by correct toes! I feel 20 years younger again! I ran 8 miles with zero pain, even the next day. In fact, I feel better than I did last year when I thought I was doing great. Oddly enough, the foot I broke last fall feels better than it used to and also feels better than the other foot does now! My interest in barefoot running has been resurrected to the highest capacity. I also cleaned up my diet and cut coffee out. I guess the moral is, never lose faith, discipline is king, and always return to what you know works best. I'm glad to be back.

That's good news! Could you also share this in the Gear & Footwear forum and the Health forum? Thanks.

That's great news!
Welcome back!