A little surprise

That's great news Rick, I'm really pleased for you! Savour the experience, then come back and tell us all about it...

GOOD LUCK! and don't forget to enjoy yourself as much as you can!

Good luck!

I think I'm going to bow out of a FatAss 60 miler this weekend. 90F and 90+% humidity just feels very unpleasant.

Oh come on Chris, go for it! just take it easy and bring plenty of hydration and see how far you can go.

Reactions: janson
Good luck!

I think I'm going to bow out of a FatAss 60 miler this weekend. 90F and 90+% humidity just feels very unpleasant.
Can't say I blame you if you do bow out, but if your feeling up to it, like Dama says, you could still see how you do. You could do it with no expectations of yourself because of the heat and humidity. If you're anything like me and really warm blooded I would tell you to scratch the race and find a nice walk in freezer to go cool down in. :D

wow Rick. I see you waited to post until Jen took her vacation! haha! have fun and don't get hurt, more. watch out cuz she's coming your way.

Reactions: NickW
And here I thought you was going to say you was pregnant! :hilarious:

@ Chris - I'm with you, I do much better in cooler weather, but if you would back your 7mm pace just slightly toward my pace of 15mm you would be fine. That would be you own surprise DNE.

When the forecast was calling for cooler weather the target pace was about 10 minute/mile - I think it will be slower now!

After the first 10 - 12 miles the route is mostly on tree-shaded dirt trail, close to the Hudson (so there should be a breeze), parallel to the train tracks (so I can bail at a time of my choosing). Most of my running in May has been at 9mm pace. It all sounds so pleasant now! All I have to do is set my alarm!

Skin + Adam's or Originals?

In these conditions I'll be happy with 30+ miles. I wonder how many of the 42 who've signed up will run the 60?

When the forecast was calling for cooler weather the target pace was about 10 minute/mile - I think it will be slower now!

After the first 10 - 12 miles the route is mostly on tree-shaded dirt trail, close to the Hudson (so there should be a breeze), parallel to the train tracks (so I can bail at a time of my choosing). Most of my running in May has been at 9mm pace. It all sounds so pleasant now! All I have to do is set my alarm!

Skin + Adam's or Originals?

In these conditions I'll be happy with 30+ miles. I wonder how many of the 42 who've signed up will run the 60?

That's the way to go!

Reactions: NickW
Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test