A fitness guru who goes by 'Iceman' says exposure to extreme temperatures is a lifesaving third ...

Discussion in 'Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Barefoot TJ, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Hof2.png

"Wim Hof is an extreme athlete from the Netherlands who holds dozens of world records for activities like swimming in ice water and running barefoot in the snow.": https://www.wimhofmethod.com/practice-the-method

And...

"The plunge laid the groundwork for a series of world records that Hof has set, including the farthest swim under ice and the fastest barefoot half-marathon on ice/snow. Hence the Dutch athlete's nickname: Iceman.": http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-half-marathon-barefoot-on-icesnow

A fitness guru who goes by 'Iceman' says exposure to extreme temperatures is a lifesaving third ...
    Business Insider
    Wim Hof is an extreme athlete from the Netherlands who holds dozens of world records for activities like swimming in ice water and running barefoot in ...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Einar

Einar
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

And he got frostbite of feets. After that half marathon he never ran unshod on snow, ice. Use of breathing technics to stop pain feedback from nerves not making your feets frostbite imune. Every year new baked Wim Hof's wonnabies getting frostbites running in shorts on snow, ice.
    You must condition your feets for it and use some info and science. Some info in text here under my video -

Gordon and Barefoot TJ like this.
  3. johan131

johan131
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Nederland -...
    2. Presidents
    3. Portugal

He is very well known in the Netherlands, many people mention him when they discover I run barefoot. Didn't know about the frostbite. Einars reaction makes a lot of sense to me. I run barefoot summer and winter, sometimes have frostbite, but mostly because of combination of wind and fog and cold (no freezing temps, just a little above it does the trick...). For me always a sign to back of a little or take more dirt roads and trials instead of asphalt. It feels warmer.

Eyeopener for me is cold among other things activates your systems that prevent inflammation etc

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. Gordon

Gordon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

If it's true ...