A broken nail doesn't constitute a running injury

A little late. Looks like the thread has run its course, but I would like to add a few comments.

Guilty. Yep, I admit to some excessive posting of injuries. Now, before the sentencing phase of the crime I would like to express my excuses.

1. Sympathy. It's nice to get some sympathy from friends that understand. At home I get "just put shoes on".
2. Encouragement. It helps to hear, "Been there, done that, you will be back at it soon."
3. Education. A ton of feedback is received from other members that have had problems. Ways of preventing the injury and recovery have been very helpful. When I am injured I try to make it educational for others. I try to make it positive, but maybe things come out wrong at times. I would be here all day if I tried to make every post sound smart. My writing skills, not so good.
4. Not wanting to "ask the Doc" or posting in the injury forum. Maybe a little embarrassment with minor issues. I can sneak it into a little conversation without creating a whole thread on it.

A few more thoughts:

Yes, the posting about little things can get excessive, but like Larry mentioned we don't want to gloss over the little things. I am a perfect example of how just taking the shoes off did not solve everything. Also, even the most minor injuries should be mentioned when they are cold related. A real risk exists there and injuries should be discussed to prevent frostbite incidents.

Good point about others viewing the threads. I often have to remind myself that everything is public.

The mileage thread has become a daily diary. I see no problem with this. Keeps things interesting, a year ago I never posted anything there because I didn't think I had any accomplishments and posting miles and paces - boring. I like to hear the stories of how the miles and paces came to be.

Skedaddle, good post. Concerns should be discussed. Makes this cold winter go by faster with an active forum.

Happy running everyone, and those of us injured, think positive.

Rick W.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test