A benefit from stress fractures?

FreeYourToes

Barefooters
Nov 23, 2010
I maybe going a little crazy, but since I got a stress fracture in my right foot (a fairly severe one) I have noticed that my right foot has better toe splay, I can utilize/manipulate/stretch the toes better then my left ones. Its almost like the fracture "loosened" up my foot

That's quite the opposite

That's quite the opposite from what I hear from others who have had stress fractures. I understand that the bone is supposed to actually thicken, therefore get stronger, but many people say they still feel twinges and weakness in the area where the fracture occurred. Good for you that's not the case.

I've had hair line fractures

I've had hair line fractures in my toes (from gymnastics years and years and years ago; yes, I'm old), and every once in a while, I still feel a pain that makes me think they are splitting open. It happens in the cold the most. I have the same problem with my right wrist that I broke (years and years and years ago), and when I try to open a can (for example), I get shooting pains through that area of the wrist bone. Yes, I'm a mess. :-(

saypay45 wrote:Want to run

saypay45 said:
Want to run another marathon with me and break your other foot Eric? Then you could test your theory ;)

Sounds like a plan! We are going to have to do it on your turf when I get back in April, I have never been to MN.

It could just be a coincidence, I never really payed attention to my foot like that before the stress fracture.

I did read an article that

I did read an article that claimed that stress fractures with barefoot running were a consequence of realignment - though it was very interesting. I have not had one (to my knowledge).

i got some pain in the second

i got some pain in the second met of my left foot. not fractured but sore. i didn't stop running but did feel it at times while running and definitely after. now after about 5 weeks of no running its feeling much better and i'm nearly ready to run next week. i have to since there's no way i'm missing out on the warrior dash.

Mike