5th Annual Winter Challenge

Same here Lee earlier this week wound up doing 5k with a windchill of -10C. Didn't feel like it though as the pavement has already started to retain some heat that is still present in the early morning. Feet did not feel half as challenged compared to -10C in the fall. With that in mind I think I'm heading out to Fulton Brewery out your way next week or the week after, and time permitting I'll give you a dingle and see if we can get together for a brew or run.

Same here Lee earlier this week wound up doing 5k with a windchill of -10C. Didn't feel like it though as the pavement has already started to retain some heat that is still present in the early morning. Feet did not feel half as challenged compared to -10C in the fall. With that in mind I think I'm heading out to Fulton Brewery out your way next week or the week after, and time permitting I'll give you a dingle and see if we can get together for a brew or run.
Sounds good Dutchie. Looking forward to it. I'm still in pretty bad running shape, but I should be able to manage a beer or two. Fulton is a good brewery too.

Send me pictures and I'll do a write up. (or add them here) Snowflakes will be available soon too.

Do you want the ones we've posted over the course of the year in this thread emailed as well? I already posted most all pics I took, not sure if you've been saving them along the way. But I could get a few together and send still if you would like.

Here is the link to the 2014 Winter Challenge snowflake stamp, for all participants. Please feel free to add it to your signature.

Award_Winter_Challenge_2014_zpsnfqwlhmn.png

When does the 2015 Winter Challenge end?❄️❄️❄️❄️

Same here! I ran a 5K race on Saturday - it was 32F at the start and breezy. We had some snow falling here last Wednesday, but not enough accumulation to run on. It is Spring, isn't it?
For us it was last Tuesday, just as I was beginning my run! Luckily there was no accumulation, and the snow stopped about a mile and a half into the run, otherwise I would've been screwed, as I didn't think to bring back-up footwear. I knew I'd probably be alright though, since the temps were in the mid to high 30s and I know I can run on moist surfaces above freezing. I can't do snow though!

Reactions: bfsailor
Not too late Yvonne. Send them along.

Great! I have lots of photos, I am about to send you an email with a bunch. Had a hard time trying to choose, so I apologize now for the amount ;)

Hey! Congrats on 2nd place and a whole stack of miles.

Thank you! It would have been nice to get first place, it was thrilling to hold that position for awhile early on. Oh well, another second place it is. And I am the first place female again :p

Running in winter challenge conditions already out this way. This Saturday was running in +1 Celsius and this morning was +3 Celsius. Earlier this week the temps were on the minus side of zero. If I remember correctly we can bank these runs and enter them when winter challenge begins. :coldfeet:

Reactions: paulbeales
I have emailed YOW to see if he is running the Challenge again this year, and offered my services if he is unable.

Watch this space!

Reactions: Yvonne and Tedlet

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090