4th annual BRS Halloween Contest (2013) - Official thread

It's fine with me. How about everyone else?

The response is overwhelming ... :p
I've added new rules to the opening post:

SOMETHING ELSE KOOKY
  • 1 point for every half hour doing something kooky (like singing on stage, karaoke)
  • 2 points if you do it barefoot*
  • 1 point if you do it in minshoes*
  • 1 bonus point if you do it in costume*
  • 5 bonus points for posting picture evidence
They may need to be revised, we'll see.

If you were singing on stage, barefoot running, while keeping your cadence at 180, while keeping your Maff heart rate, while on a Paleo diet, while drinking an IPA with a unique name, while being a hot female athlete, then the response will be overwhelming.

:)
Hmm, I can do everything except drink while on stage ... it's at a church, so no alcohol! :smug:

First, try shrinking it in another program, then upload it. That's what I always do, regardless of how the site handles it.

And I was just going to ask... How are you all doing with tallying your points for the contest? Is everything going well?

Let's try this ...
c2ea5f3d-6b52-4288-8268-6a6f3e965854.jpg

Aha, it's teeny tiny!! Yeah, you won't be able to tell anything, except that we're in a group in front of a group. I'm in the back row.
Don't believe me? Here's the pic my DH took just before we left. I'm the Tooth Fairy, in VFF's!

0d36e546-7c4d-43e1-a254-d3cc7d3707a3.jpg

I think your VFFs go very well with your tooth fairy outfit. Smashing!

OK, at Barefoot TJ's urging, I'm going to post photographic evidence of barefoot costumed running - hopefully it will serve as inspiration/peer pressure for even more photos! :p:D
A friend and I did a 10 miler - I was barefoot of course. I'm doing a half marathon in San Francisco next week - although that one is NOT billed as a costume run so not sure I will be brave enough to sport the outfit again, although it was very fun! Does the contest go through November 3rd?

555512_10151965093327247_2146475996_n.jpg

photo.php

Yes, Mrs. President, er uh, First Lady. ...ends at 12 a.m., Sunday morning, November 3, based on your local time zone.

That's neat that they gave you guys medals, surf boards, for a 10-miler. Very cool. :cool:

Thanks Rick! It's cancerclimber.org which was set up by a guy called Sean Swarner who was given 3 months to live at age 13, 2 weeks to live at 16 (from a different cancer) and who has gone on to climb the Seven Summits and completed Ironman Hawaii - all with only one lung!

He's gathering enough money to be able to take a tricked out Semi around various pediatric cancer hospitals to let kids, too sick to travel, get an experience of camp - a bit like the "Hole in the Wall gang" but for sicker kids.

Here's the link to my page on crowdrise.com http://www.crowdrise.com/cancerclimbererorg20/fundraiser/chrishawson

Threw a little more money into the pot. Have a great run this weekend Chris.

TJ,

after asking for it i ran without a costume and then no pics. only the 10k and haven't run since. just ran in short shorts per usual.

8 hours work +1 hour lunch barefoot and dressed like a pirate
3 miles walk and run with my scurvy dog, Herman
1 glass of wine after walk/run (at home - much more responsible than driving to a party)

:vampire: :vulcan: :hurting: :walkingdead: 4th Annual BRS Halloween Contest :vampire: :vulcan: :hurting: :walkingdead:

RUNNING
  • 2 points per barefoot mile*
  • 1 point per mile in minimal shoes*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in costume*
  • 1 bonus point for each mile in a race*
SOMETHING ELSE KOOKY

• 1 point for every half hour doing something kooky (like singing on stage, karaoke)
  • 2 points if you do it barefoot*
  • 1 point if you do it in minshoes*
  • 1 bonus point if you do it in costume*
TRICK OR TREAT

• 10 points for trick-or-treating in costume barefoot^
  • 5 points for trick-or-treating in costume in minimal shoes^
  • 5 points for handing out candy barefoot
  • 2 points for handing out candy in a costume
  • 2 points for drinking while handling out candy
DRINKING