38th Marine Corps Marathon

Yes, run it on the sidewalks. Ha!:D Or would a troll be a better smiley in this case? :troll: Hee.

I run MCM every year. The first 23 miles are "better than average" barefoot conditions. Once you cross the bridge into Crystal City, the roads turn into, essentially, very sharp gravel. I was on pace for a near 4 hr finish and finished at 4:30 last year and added nearly a mile to my marathon due to pothole dodging and trying to find smooth asphalt.

The final .2 sucks a$$.

It's all worth it in the end, however.

Good luck with your training. See you there.

PILOTRUNNER

If I'm on track for a PR or something I don't mind putting them on. I have my full marathons barefoot so for myself I've gotten over the personal need to comeplete it BF. Lately I've become a little more time oriented which I never was before. I think I just need new goals to try for. In the beginning it was just to run, then it was distance, then it was to be able to get my form good enough to handle just about any terrain BF. Now I don't really even think about the fact I'm BF, now it's just normal, just the way I run. I've been pushing my speed at longer distances and it no longer bothers me like it use to to slip on my Luna's for a few miles of a long run to maintain my pace during a long run when the conditions get really bad. I got myself to the point where I could run nearly any horrible surface BF I would just have to adjust my speed to the conditions. If in the MCM I find myself not near any real time goal I wont mind slowing down to complete it BF.