-3 deg.F today.........

Shaun Mac

Barefooters
Aug 12, 2011
And I didn't go running :)

Sorry, I'm not that hardcore. Treadmill today. Suppose to get into the 30's again this weekend here. Probably try to sneak an outside run in then.

Lol, Id hope not. Geez.... I

Lol, Id hope not. Geez.... I dont know how you northerners do it!

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I used to be forced into those temps by the Army but could never live in that by choice. I start my beeatching at 49 degrees.

You guys don't know what your

You guys don't know what your missing....... Ummm, can I join you down there, it really is to darn cold up here. ;-)

Oh Bob, I know what I'm

Oh Bob, I know what I'm missing. I was born and raised in NW Montana and let me tell you, we used to get some cold a** winters. Often in the negatives, Fahrenheit (sp?) that is. I remember walking to school which was a little over a mile away and it being 10-15 below 0. That was horrible and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm glad to be in warm old Oregon now. We were at 31 F tonight on my way home from school and that is so much better. You Canucks are crazy running barefoot in the extreme colds and in snow. I couldn't do it and I don't know that I will ever get to that point either.

We're balmy in the single

We're balmy in the single digits F in comparison.

It'll be low 20s later, and I'll run in soft stars with socks.

We'll see about when it dips to below zero; I've always walked during the winter, even below zero, with my very heavy long down coat. I'm not sure how I would need to dress to run in it, since the coat is way too bulky for running.

Not sure I would ever want to be bf outside below the 30s(maybe even 40s), though.

Tip of the hat to those who can enjoy that kind of thing.

...I'm not sure many folks

...I'm not sure many folks actually enjoy doing it so much as either being able to run at all and/or being able to say they can run at those temps.

Bob's a different breed of

Bob's a different breed of barefooter.
thumbs_up.gif

If we didn't run in the snow/cold ... we'd only get to run about 7-8 months of the year. Besides, there definitely is value in having others think your crazy.

@ YOW, I'm not sure how I

@ YOW, I'm not sure how I should take that ;-) but I do get the crazy comment fairly frequently then I go barefoot philosophical on them and while they are picking their jaw off the ground, I slowly jog away with a big grin on my face.

If you can't have some fun, there is no sense doing it, right! :bigsmile:

I ran in the cold last week,

I ran in the cold last week, mostly as an experiment. Unfortunately it turned out badly, I'll give details in another post.

I did enjoy running in the snow, it was a different and nice feeling. I just went too far without proper conditioning.

Rick

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11