2019 Mileage Club

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
2019 Mileage Club

Time to post your total mileage count for 2019!

Post below the miles (or km) you have ran, walked, and/or hiked either barefoot or minimal.

We'll get you a shiny certificate of accomplishment!

Check out previous years' Mileage Club Certificate recipients here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/

I thought I already replied or I would've post sooner...

2019 was a great year for me. Crushed most of my goals:
Goals for 2019:
I'd like to once again run more miles than I ever have! But I realize I am getting close to what I can expect to do, with my work schedule. So not a huge increase, but lets say break 1350 running and 1500 total on foot. I did unfortunately strain my calf during half marathon training in April which led to 2+ easier months, so there is a chance of more mileage if everything goes well and no injuries.
Crushed those goals! 1484 miles running and 1615 miles total on foot including walking and hiking! Injury free!
I'll carry over my same goal I missed in '18 of breaking a 6 minute mile 5k, breaking my record half marathon (1:27), and at least two trips to the mountains hiking barefoot (and becoming and Adirondack 46-r, of which I am only two mountains shy of completing the 46 high peaks).
Well I didn't make a record 5k, but I never raced a 5k. I did make a record 10k in 38:53. I didn't break my overall record 1/2 marathon but came close, 1:27:25. Went on a couple hiking trips to the mountains and I did finally complete my goal of hiking all 46 of the Adirondack High Peaks. Now I have a few to re-hike barefoot so I can say I've hiked them all barefoot... I doubt I can finish that in 2020, likely a goal for 2021.

2019stats_all.png

Continuing to improve. 1615 miles total on foot (2600 kilometers for the rest of the world). About 1486 of those miles fully barefoot. All my warm weather running is barefoot, but I had to wear shoes on some runs when it got too far below freezing. All hiking in the mountains done barefoot, and most of my walking.

Also for 2019 I did 768 miles cycling (all but a couple rides were barefoot). And 40 miles kayaking (all barefoot too but you don't use feet).

Towards the end of the year I set a harder goal of 1500 running. I was just barely in range of that goal, and pushed hard in December... the last couple days I was at 1480 with a 20 mile long run planned on the very last day of the year and a bad storm hit! I would've hit 1500 if not for the weather. It was snowing and blowing and couldn't run barefoot (and shoes mess me up so no longer runs in them!). I decided to do a run in shoes, but a shorter one in a more rugged trail (since I was wearing shoes might as well enjoy the trails that I can't usually do barefoot), then the 20 mile run on the first of the new year (actually a 20.20 mile run ;)).

Goals for 2020... break 1500 just running, 1600 total on foot, and break that 1:27 half marathon time I've been chasing for a few years, and PR in the full if I can get the time off from work in the fall for the local one I often run.

My pacer (Boulder) and I did 672 miles both of us were Barefoot for these miles! They were fun and exciting!

After a terrific start to 2019, I suffered an injury in March which limited my running and walking for a few months. After starting to rebound, I broke my big toe during a trail race on December 7 and had to stop running and walking for the rest of the year (and January and most of February).

But I did end up with approximately 590 miles of barefoot & minimalist running and walking for 2019.

I just want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Tedlet for helping me out with creating the Mileage Certificates and staying on top of this program. I seriously don't know how I would have been able to manage the time to get this done this year...or last year. He has been a huge help to me and has volunteered to work in the store setting up this year's IBRD tee shirts, etc., although that fell through for the moment. So, THANKS, Tedlet. I really appreciate you!

I have emailed all the certificates out, and you can see the latest list here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/

Participation has been dwindling, but let's not give up on it. Let's encourage our fellow members to keep track of their mileage for 2020 and get this program growing again.

Reactions: Tedlet and Yvonne
I just want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Tedlet for helping me out with creating the Mileage Certificates and staying on top of this program. I seriously don't know how I would have been able to manage the time to get this done this year...or last year. He has been a huge help to me and has volunteered to work in the store setting up this year's IBRD tee shirts, etc., although that fell through for the moment. So, THANKS, Tedlet. I really appreciate you!

I have emailed all the certificates out, and you can see the latest list here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/

Participation has been dwindling, but let's not give up on it. Let's encourage our fellow members to keep track of their mileage for 2020 and get this program growing again.

Thanks Tedlet, much appreciated!

Hopefully this year more members will report their mileage.

Oh! :oops: Forgot about the Mileage Club! Just seeing this now, so I am late reporting :sorry:

In 2019 I ran a total of exactly 1,500 miles. Of that, 10.75 miles were in minimalist shoes (Xero Shoes sandals/huaraches or trail shoes); the remaining 1489.25 miles were barefoot. This is a small increase in total running distance from the previous year.

I generally don't keep track of walking distance. I am barefoot nearly 100% of the time (year-round) and I walk at least a few miles every day (I own horses and acreage). I conservatively calculate an additional 1000 miles walking for the year. I also logged a few miles horseback riding (both of us barefoot :happy:) in 2019, but that wasn't me on foot (although I have taken my equines for walks in the past...need to do that more often).

2019 Mileage Club

Time to post your total mileage count for 2019!

Post below the miles (or km) you have ran, walked, and/or hiked either barefoot or minimal.

We'll get you a shiny certificate of accomplishment!

Check out previous years' Mileage Club Certificate recipients here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/
I assiduously kept track of my mileage in 2019, but never saw this thread so I thought you weren't doing it anymore :(, and I don't know where my calendar is that I was keeping track of it (I can look at my Fitbit to give me an idea, but I don't wear it all the time). Plus, it's probably too late to report in this particular thread anyway.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Reactions: Random