2017 Mileage Club

Discussion in 'Mileage Reporting' started by Barefoot TJ, Dec 31, 2017.

1. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

There we go! Updated my runs for the year remembering which were in sandals and which were unshod. Easy to tell for the most part because if the map shows it was out in the country on harsh gravel I had the sandals on. In town on pavement was unshod. All tolled:

Sandals: 366.9 miles
    Unshod: 321.4 miles
    Trail Glove 3: 27.6 miles (sprint workouts mostly)

Tristan and Barefoot TJ like this.
  2. bare_ftazn

bare_ftazn
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. California...

Tallied my running miles. 1,071 for 2017, all barefoot. Total 2017 miles was just a little more than 2016. Walked barefoot too but didn't track it consistently with probably 80% of the time unshod.

Barefoot TJ and Tristan like this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Ohio

Thats great you got it figured. I think originally there was not a barefoot option as I heard some people had to add that as a brand of shoe or something like that, but good they have it in there now.
    Getting OT on the social stuff here but I'll add that I have like 2 whole friends on FB that care about exercise sadly so I only post big runs and races on my FB page, not the daily workouts, that is what these forums and specific FB running groups are for. But honestly the social aspect of it turns me off, but I'm no social butterfly. I hate being under scrutiny with every run, and some app telling me someone did this segment so much faster, etc. I enjoy seeing all the results of a race, when I am racing among my peers and do enjoy the challenge and sharing it socially. But when I am just out there on my daily run I like being disconnected from all that, just minding my own business and enjoying the run. Probably not the best way to 'train' but I do just fine I think.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    trevize1138 likes this.
  4. trevize1138

trevize1138
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

I hear you on social media connecting you far too much to your friends and making running too competitive. It seems worse with running because it's a sport that's all about times. For MTB riding it's not so bad because how fast you do a section of trail depends on so many factors including how fit you are but also how technically proficient you are on turns, over obstacles and all that. Plus, everybody in off-road biking understands that your speed will vary almost entirely depending on what specific trail you're on.

I cringe to think part of why I struggled with my first marathon in the ND badlands was I was walking so much of it (just like everybody else because it was a rough trail and 100F) and I kept worrying "my time is going to look so slow on Strava." I mean, the winner of that race didn't even break 5 hours!

5. Jaap Francke

Jaap Francke
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

I started doing barefoot in June, and I think I did 250 km barefooted. The rest of my 1280km's were shod.

trevize1138, Tristan and Barefoot TJ like this.
  6. Einar

Einar
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

trevize1138 and Tristan like this.