2014 Mileage Club

2014 Mileage Club

It's that time again!

Tot up your mileage tallies for last year and post them below. Let us know how many miles (or km) you ran, walked or hiked either barefoot and/or minimal during 2014 and get a shiny certificate of accomplishment!

Check out previous years' Mileage Club Certificate recipients here: http://thebarefootrunners.org/library-articles/mileage-club.23/

Mine was not a good year. My total mileage for 2014 was: 234 miles - 68 miles BF, 84 miles in VFF and 82 miles in Sockwa :(

I still haven't managed to run/walk 500 miles in a calendar year since switching to barefoot (with a little minimalism). 2015 looks like it will be the year, though!
This year was 401 miles barefoot running, 31.1 miles barefoot walking/hiking, 43.3 miles minimalist running (mostly huaraches (invisibleshoes & xeroshoes) with a little sockwa action), and 17.35 miles minimalist walking. That comes out to 432.1 miles barefoot and 60.65 miles minimalist: 492.75 miles total.

4660km (2894mi) all barefoot. Down from last year, but also increased my racing a lot. Hope to increase the mileage a little this year, but keep on racing just as well.

Should I start a new thread or would it be just as well to get answers here about how people track their mileage? I have a simple app that I was happy with last year, but now I see that it just keeps adding the mileage for a given "footwear" over the years, so it is very difficult for me to figure out how many miles I did minimalist or barefoot. I'm not very good at spread sheets… and I have a Mac, so nothing Windows is going to work for me without me spending $$.

The best I can determine I ran 834 miles barefoot + 165 in minimalist footwear, for a total of 999 miles! Quite an accomplishment for me! I would have managed that last mile to round out to 1000 if I hadn't gotten so sick… but it is the start of a new year now.

Should I start a new thread or would it be just as well to get answers here about how people track their mileage? I have a simple app that I was happy with last year, but now I see that it just keeps adding the mileage for a given "footwear" over the years, so it is very difficult for me to figure out how many miles I did minimalist or barefoot. I'm not very good at spread sheets… and I have a Mac, so nothing Windows is going to work for me without me spending $$.

I use an add-on for RunKeeper which allows me to record what I had on my feet. iSmoothRun does it too

Reactions: happysongbird
Very inconsistent year, and in the second half I lost interest in keeping track of total mileage, but somewhere between 500 and 1000 miles. Will try to be more consistent this year and break 1000, although I'm leaning towards shorter, faster runs as my running goal this year.

Congrats to everyone, especially you high-mileage kats!

Like a lot of people here, I do most everything else barefoot too, but I have no way of calculating that mileage.

Hi all !

1107 km ( 687,858 miles) total, 350km (217,480 miles) minimalist and 757km (470,378 miles) barefoot for me in 2014...

I am quite happy for my first year full minimalist + barefoot...:D

My target for year 2015, no(t) big(ger) challenge on distance but great expectations on pleasure !

.cmp!

This year, 233 barefoot run days, with 264 barefoot runs, starting in May 2015, for a total barefoot mileage of 1817 km or 1129 miles.

Before May I tracked another 1056 km or 656 miles in huaraches, only occasionally running barefoot, with transition to full barefoot running in April/May.

Now running barefoot daily, and walking barefoot as much as possible.

It's really fun!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts